Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Cockatiels

>

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2020, 09:06 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Ta-dah 5yr (F )Turquoise cinnamon GCC, Neptune (M) blue quaker, Penny (F )rescue green quaker, Pikachu (U) lutino quaker, Cloudy and Clear(M's) parakeets, Burt The Bird (F) GCC of 17 wonderful years p
Thanked 10,632 Times in 3,787 Posts
Laurasea is on a distinguished road
Re: Iíve been chosen!!!!

Omega is a female teil that silversage took in from a wonderful young man who had to re-home her. She is lovey, and she posts pictures if her riding on everyone's shoulders! So I think Snoppy will be wonderful either way! Especially since you were chosen!!!
My first GCC Burt the Bird ( thought male, until ten years later she laid an egg!) choose me. She was scruffy , runty and only had one working nostril,.... So I almost choose the pretty one next to her. But a very wise bird keeper came over and said when a parrot chooses you it's a very special thing. She urged me to watch Burt, and see how she wasn't that way with anyone else. I thank you bird lady!!!! We had a wonderful life together.

Congratulations again choosen one!!! And congratulations on Woodstock!!! MBS has been going around the forum lately!!!! Apparently it's even an online virus!!! @@
Aavogaro (01-10-2020)
Old 01-10-2020, 10:23 PM
Parrots:
ďNamelessĒ-TBD Lutino Budgie
Aavogaro is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by texsize View Post
Young Cockatiels have the appearance of female birds until the first molt.
not sure if that holds true of all color mutations but I think it does.
So the grey on the face may change over to all white after first molt.
Whatever you end up with I think the whiteface Cockatiels are stunningly beautiful.

here is a pic of mine
Yes, I have to remember there could be much changing after the first molt although I hope his overall appearance stays close to the same. In my opinion he is so unusual and stunning looking. I canít even find a picture online that looks close to him. Iím doing his photo session tomorrow. lol

Your whiteface is gorgeous!!!! I think they are a beautiful mutation. I am really excited about Snoopy. This will be the first bird I have had that I will have begun bonding with while still being handled. I will be one of only 3 people in his life until he gets to come home with me in a couple months. I hope that helps set up a strong relationship from the start. I already canít wait to go back and visit tomorrow!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aavogaro For This Useful Post:
bug_n_flock (01-10-2020), texsize Supporting Member (01-10-2020)
Old 01-10-2020, 11:50 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
1 YNA (Bingo) 1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.) 1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.) 2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) 1 Congo AG (Bella) 7 Cockatiels
Thanked 3,777 Times in 1,447 Posts
texsize is on a distinguished road

I have 3 Cockatiels that I raised from the egg.
The 2 females are the friendliest Tiels in my flock. When I enter the room Mango starts going zip-zap back and forth for me to notice her. She is a scratch-oholic and so is her sister Angle. They fight for a place at the door and I have to try to scratch both at the same time or there is no peace.
Despite the friendliness of these 2 they wont hang out with me or ride my shoulder.
Cheeky the whiteface in the photo is the father.
Pinky (F lutino) R.I.P.

Sunny mother (cinnamon)R.I,P.
Cheeky father (whitface)
Angel (eldest lutino F)
Mango (middle pearl F)
Popeye (male grey M)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Cockatiels