4 year old male yellow nape raider.

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hi guys,
Iā€™ve been giving Raider his space heā€™s coming around good heā€™s coming too me stepping up not biting talking when Iā€™m holding him only for a couple minutes I hold him. Backing off has worked real well with him heā€™s starting to fit in now.

Great update! Sounds like you are doing the right things!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Hi guys,
Iā€™ve been giving Raider his space heā€™s coming around good heā€™s coming too me stepping up not biting talking when Iā€™m holding him only for a couple minutes I hold him. Backing off has worked real well with him heā€™s starting to fit in now.

Glad to hear letting him get over his 'spring thing' by giving him some space has helped. They really do suffer some form of temporary insanity from hormones. When you know what it is and how to respond properly, it's not that big of a deal. Good job "listening" to his needs and responding correctly!

OP
C

Cas27

Jul 27, 2017
NewJersey
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw,green wing Macaw,goffins cockatoo,Congo African grey
Well Raider is now excepting treats from me dealing with Marty my macaw visiting him inside his cage. He is a lot calmer and not afraid of living here with the other birds and my family.

OP
C

Cas27

Jul 27, 2017
NewJersey
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw,green wing Macaw,goffins cockatoo,Congo African grey
Today I had back surgery everything went well...This was the first time all my birds except Marty my Macaw were not out of the cage sun up. I got home around 12:30 unlocked the cages Raider came right out too stroll his cage let me hold him I fed him some eggs he is settling in great now that I backed off holding him for a while I believe he feels home with us now.

Most Reactions

Latest posts