A MOUSE...in the house....

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
ROFLMAO !!!!! If that had been on tape, I bet it would make to " Americas Funniest Videos " LOL ! That " extra " protein mightev been good , have you managed to get some on tape ?

Maheen, I think you're right. But it would have been VERY embarrassing for me to watch myself like that.

No, there were NO cameras or camcorders anywhere near me when it happened. Lucky for me. :)

I respect that Wendy, I would have been the opposite of you and tab. I would've just scooped up the mouse and start cuddling with it lol the only thing that would make me scream is if a giant cockroach came out. Let's just say I don't have a good history with bugs :eek:

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
BUT... about 2 years ago i hopped in bed one night.... and there was a mouse in my covers ! I felt it, looked, JUMPED out of bed, ran into the lounge room, and started crying :eek: hahahahaha it was just from the shock :cool:

If that EVER happened to me, you might as well call the coroner.

Who took care of that mouse for you, Tab? :eek:

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Okay, 2 screaming Wendys, one crying Tab, and one unconscious Yasmin. I bet you anything I would have fainted then and there. :eek:

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
I dont have a good history with bugs either hahaha especially grasshoppers, so annoying during this season >:[ and snakes.. and spiders.. anything small ;) Just the other week i almost stepped on a snake.. have never ran back to the house so fast :p

You know Wendy, i am not sure :eek: uh oh ;) hehe.. i think mum got it out for me! :p

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Okay, 2 screaming Wendys, one crying Tab, and one unconscious Yasmin. I bet you anything I would have fainted then and there. :eek:

Yasmin, we would have had a party here at my house.

My fear that Mr.Mousy brought along some relatives was confirmed this morning. I had put up 3 mousetraps in the garage, and 2 (!!) had mice in them.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Definitely! (You know, after a regain consciousness) :D

Eek!!! Wendy, I hope you can get rid of them!! :(

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
Aww, poor mouse.

I can't understand why women scream at the sight of a mouse. To see a woman scream and jump up on a chair over a tiny ball of fluff makes me laugh. Mice are more afraid of you than you are of them.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
I guess people have their fears! I have claustrophobia, a lot of people laugh when I say I can't go in closed closets, bathrooms, stalls, etc. or I start to freak out (hyperventilate, etc, etc.) Some stuff may freak people out more than others. ;)

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Sounds like you have a small colony :eek: I have a TERRIBLE history with bugs. Once, i was in a bathroom in another country in Asia, lets just say my mom didnt tell me they had a cockroach problem in the restrooms .

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
YUK:eek: I have to admit I seem to have a problem with legs:D. I don't mind critters with no legs or two or four and there are even a few 6 legged critters I like such as ladybugs, butterflys dragon flies, praying mantess. However I do have a problem with the 8 legged critters and more, unless It is a cooked lobster or Squid.:D. As far as a cockroach is concerned the only good one is a dead one.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
I actually have a friend with a phobia of ladybugs! :)

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I have actually met two different people who had a phobia against butterflys. :)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Aww, poor mouse.

I can't understand why women scream at the sight of a mouse. To see a woman scream and jump up on a chair over a tiny ball of fluff makes me laugh. Mice are more afraid of you than you are of them.

I am NOT afraid of mice, I don't know how many times I've said that. :rolleyes: It scared the poop out of me the way it showed up...that's all. Sort like BOO...gotcha! I don't know how else to describe it other than: When someone sneaks up on you and SCARES you, you are not actually scared. Understand now? :)

AND...I caught yet ANOTHER mouse in the garage last night. :eek:

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Hope you get rid of them Wendy! :( I've never had a problem with mice, but cockroaches and ants I have.

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Too Funny! I am not afraid of mice, rats, snakes, bugs or much of anything. I used to be terribly afraid of spiders, but that's because I had been bitten by a brown recluse that fell on MY arm from the cabinet & bit me for the pleasure of it. Those things are not fun to be bitten by.

I got over my fear of spiders when I had a 'Mid~Life crisis & brought a rose hair tarantula home one day from the pet shop. It was a sub adult & friendly. Yeah right, ok then! About a week after I brought it home I put my hand in Tessa's aquarium & moved close to her. She reluctantly climbed on the edge of my hand. By did the hair stand up on the back of my neck! She quickly moved off & I yanked my hand out at lightening speed. I still have Tessa T Tarantula & 3 more Ts. I don't fear spiders anymore as long as they don't touch me. Now scorpions ARE a different story!!!! I have been slashed by those hateful tails & they hurt like the Dickens! That is our native ones, not the pet trade ones. I won't get any of them.:eek:

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
AAAWWW, I had NO idea you had a Rosehair, De' Andrea! That's AWESOME!

I STILL miss my Tarantulas very much. :D

p2150004.jpg

flickahand.jpg

mercedeshand.jpg

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
AAAWWW, I had NO idea you had a Rosehair, De' Andrea! That's AWESOME!

I STILL miss my Tarantulas very much. :D

p2150004.jpg

flickahand.jpg

mercedeshand.jpg

OMG Wendy.. I am looking at those pics in horror :11: If that spider that you are holding came within 2 feet of me, I swear I would collapse in a heap LOL

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
OMG Wendy.. I am looking at those pics in horror :11: If that spider that you are holding came within 2 feet of me, I swear I would collapse in a heap LOL

Wendy, believe it or not, I used to be TERRIFIED of spiders. When my Mark BEGGED relentlessly to get one, when he was still in Middle School, I finally gave in. Within 1 month I was SO smitten by them that my collection grew to an ungodly amount in a very short time.

Then I actually started BREEDING a few of them and managed to hatch one sac. Well....my mother in law stayed with us for a while, inside the room where I kept my Ts (tarantulas), and one morning I noticed she must have looked at them and had forgotten to close the lid on one container. I NEVER told a soul that one was on the lose though as my husband wouldn't have hesitated to fumigate the entire house. :eek:

The lost spider was found YEARS later, when the carpets were replaced.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Wendy, believe it or not, I used to be TERRIFIED of spiders. When my Mark BEGGED relentlessly to get one, when he was still in Middle School, I finally gave in. Within 1 month I was SO smitten by them that my collection grew to an ungodly amount in a very short time.

I will take your word for it.. but I am not convinced
th_t2970.gif

I am having a panic attack, just thinking about it
th_LOL-1.gif

Most Reactions