A MOUSE...in the house....

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
....i have a bat charm i added to my charm bracelet because i felt guilty for him dying. :( i didn't know that when i called animal control......

I absolutely LOVE bats. So much so, I have 2 bathouses in my garden, and in a couple of months they should BOTH be fully occupied. :D Last year was the first time I had BABIES in my bigger bathouse. Now THAT was awesome.

This is a Big Brown Bat coming out of my SMALLER batbox.

Last edited:
OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Eek I would have had heart attack, Wendy. ;) Glad you got out!

And about the passing out thing, there have been numerous times I've actually passed out too. I'm really surprised that the janitor didn't find me in a heap on the floor. :eek: I think I handled it pretty 'well' for my standards. :p

That sounds TOO funny....sorry.....but my belly is hurting from laughing so hard.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I too love bats . We used to have a tile roof and lots of bats. We developed a leak and had to replace the roof with a shingle roof and there went my bats. I need to hang a bathouse outside:D

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Eek I would have had heart attack, Wendy. ;) Glad you got out!

And about the passing out thing, there have been numerous times I've actually passed out too. I'm really surprised that the janitor didn't find me in a heap on the floor. :eek: I think I handled it pretty 'well' for my standards. :p

That sounds TOO funny....sorry.....but my belly is hurting from laughing so hard.
LOL After all the panicking it's pretty hilarious! ;)

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Bats are interesting and misunderstood, and i love watching them outside.....not crazy about them in the living room though. I love the idea of a bat house on the property.

Last edited:

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
LOL Ya'll have had the time of it lately. :32:

Count me in the group that loves bats, although I have not made them a 'bathouse'. That is a cute idea & the ones we have around here are mostly insect bats & they consume a tremendous amount of mosquitoes. They remind me of little mice with wings. Where I work they often get into the day rooms & the offenders go crazy running like little scared boys. I tell them the bats won't hurt them & they swear they are 'vampire bats' & are there to suck their blood.:confused: Those are the ones that are more likely possibly infected with rabies (vampire bats). We do have vampire bats in Texas, but mostly down south where the caverns are & the weather stays warmer more of the year.:eek:

And count me in to the club that suffers from mild claustrophobia. I don't like very tight places I can't get out of. I think if I'd been in the bathroom stall, I would have been kicking the door open. I mean by the time the janitor found me, I would have either already kicked the lock open or the door would have needed major repair from my efforts.:D If that didn't work to kick it open, I would have been climbing over the top if it had enough room. I have always been the 'tomboy' type & I would have tried that. That's just the way I am tho', not saying you didn't try to get out, Yasmin. ;)

Last edited:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
At least they eat tons of moquitos. plus they're cute:):)

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
I was way too busy hyperventilating, vomiting, and trying not to pass out to try and climb over the door.....My claustrophobia is pretty severe. :(

Most Reactions