Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I'm so very very sorry Remy. I know how awful the pain you are feeling must be. When my sweet Rio passed, I was crushed. Coming home from work each night to silence from the living room was just awful. Isn't it strange how "bird people" grow to love the birdie shouts/calls/whistles that "non bird people" would think was just noise? Cry as much as you need to, talk as much as you need to, and when the time is right for you, open your heart to a birdie who needs your love. My River is from the same parents as Rio, so in a way, I have a bit of him still with me. If you need somebody to talk to, please pm me.

taylor_

Jul 2, 2012
Mpls, MN
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure named Arthur!
i've never felt this loss, but i can't imagine how you must feel. stay strong, and things will get better.<3

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :( Very sad news!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Remy,

It's a very tough thing to go through as I completely understand your pain. It took me a long time to get over their death. It took me even longer with my Cracker the one I raised since he was a baby as I handfed him myself. I didn't want to go into work and I was hiding behind counters crying my eyes out. I couldn't talk about it cause if I did my tears would start running down. I was stuck at work, I couldn't take off but they did let me go home early everyday cause you can see my eyes would be swollen red. So it's actually a good thing from the holidays you didn't have to be at work cause it's tough going through it while working cause all you think about is your baby that passed. They're a part of our family so it's just like a family member passes, you grief.

I LOVE all my birds dearly, but it hasn't been the same since Cracker passed. My family loved Cracker very much even though they didn't used to like birds but they loved him. They were very sad to hear about his death.

It will take you sometime to heal and I hope you the best!!!!

Adinafloyd

Jul 8, 2012
Slaughter, La
Parrots
Jax (CAG)
Scarlet (Ekkie)
Toot (TAG)
(YNA-Nappy, Gone but never ever far from my heart)
Remy, I am so sorry for the pain you are going thru... I recently lost the light of my life as well. I have her ashes. I bought a pendant shaped like a wing that is made to hold a small amount of ashes. I had this pendant engraved and I wear it everyday, I always have my Nappy with me. It helps me knowing she is still here. Just thought you might like to hear about the pendant. They are called cremation jewelry.My prayers are with you:(:(:(

OP
Remy

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Remy, I am so sorry for the pain you are going thru... I recently lost the light of my life as well. I have her ashes. I bought a pendant shaped like a wing that is made to hold a small amount of ashes. I had this pendant engraved and I wear it everyday, I always have my Nappy with me. It helps me knowing she is still here. Just thought you might like to hear about the pendant. They are called cremation jewelry.My prayers are with you:(:(:(

I hadn't heard of cremation jewelery until now, but thank you. I think I will be getting a pendant.

An artist friend of mine has offered to make a little figurine out of Fimo clay with a vial of his ashes also.

I am having such a hard time letting go. Most of the time I'm fine, but I miss him so much, especially at night and in the mornings. We are having a picnic in his honor tomorrow.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
It is very difficult letting go. Take one day at a time.
When feeling down, remember all the joy you shared together.
You were a wonderful guardian to him, and he was blessed in that way.
I will be with you in thought, attending the picnic in his honour.

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
This thread was hard for me to read. It made me cry! I am so sorry for your loss!

Adinafloyd

Jul 8, 2012
Slaughter, La
Parrots
Jax (CAG)
Scarlet (Ekkie)
Toot (TAG)
Once again, I am sorry for your loss, I am dealing with that pain too. I can say that having this pendant helps. I know she is here with her mommy. The Fima Clay scupture sounds like a wonderful tribute. Please let me know I there is anything I can do for you

OP
Remy

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Thank you guys. I miss him so much. I hope he is in a better place now.

Last night, I had a weird dream. I dreamed that my house caught on fire, and then he was some how there, and I was able to save him.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Thank you guys. I miss him so much. I hope he is in a better place now.

Last night, I had a weird dream. I dreamed that my house caught on fire, and then he was some how there, and I was able to save him.

You did everything for Remy, through your dream, it interprets a good sign of that........ saving him from a burning house.

I do believe he is in a better place now, rest assure he is smiling upon you.

:grey:

Last edited:

AFP520

Banned
Banned
Jun 7, 2012
NJ
Parrots
Lucy, Sun Capped Conure
Hi Remy,

I am so sorry for your loss. Puck was such a beautiful bird.

SunConureboy

May 25, 2012
South Africa
Parrots
Cheeko- Sun Conure 7.5± Months Old
He is in your heart and will never leave there ,remember that ;) Goodluck during this hard time .hope you feel better soon:)

Adinafloyd

Jul 8, 2012
Slaughter, La
Parrots
Jax (CAG)
Scarlet (Ekkie)
Toot (TAG)
Thank you. I had another dream about him last night, although I can't remember the details.

I ordered this cremation jewellery to put some of his ashes in, and a plain cylinder for my boyfriend. http://www.perfectmemorials.com/wra...steel-cremation-jewelryengravable-p-11199.htm

Perfect memories is where I got mine from as well, I still have dreams about my Nappy. I see it as their way of letting us know they are ok. I hope your pendant brings you the comfort that mine brings me. The link didnt work but I do know which one you are talking about, It is perfect for a beloved bird.

OP
Remy

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Adinafloyd - For myself, I ordered a heart-shaped one with wings in the heart.

This sucks. I have trouble falling asleep at night because I don't have a little feathery bundle to snuggle. Then, I don't want to wake up because I don't have a feathery bundle to greet me.

Also, I have lost most of my appetite, and have probably been eating about half of my norm. I might normally be happy for this part, but I haven't even lost any weight, last I checked.

I tried to bring the friendlier of the doves in for a few nights. Recently we had to separate him from the bigger one, because the big one plucked a bunch of his feathers out and now he doesn't have a tail! He liked flying around my room, but he tried to get my mirror to mate with him, and he kept cooing loudly early in the morning, so I couldn't sleep. Completely different than having a silly, snuggly parrot.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Sounds like you may need to fill that empty place sooner then later honey.
Have you given it any thought lately ?
Hugs to you Remy , hope things get better quickly for you.

OP
Remy

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
I've been looking around, but unfortunately business took a nose dive last November, and hasn't recovered, so I am very broke. I can take out a line of credit for vet bills, but not to buy a bird.

Going to start looking for a new place to work soon, so I can start saving money again. Maybe this will be my motivation.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I hear you. Hope your job search is a fruitful one .
But now you have a goal , I'm sure this will motivate you :)
Soon it will starts to excite you too. What type of bird would interest you ?
Things will work out for you Remy , keep the faith .

OP
Remy

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Thank you. I hope so too. Hopefully, I will be able to do the same thing I do now, but for more money. I've been meaning to start job hunting a year ago, but kept procrastinating.

I would definitely get another caique, but I'm also open to other medium-difficulty birds that aren't too loud. Maybe a pionus, but I've always been interested in male eclectuses, although I don't know if I'm ready for that. Mellow birds are more practical, and match my personality more, but the caique clowniness was nice, and brought me up when I was bummed. Most importantly, I need a snuggler that is social (or socializable). Honestly, I don't even care much if they pluck (as long as they are happy). I think nakey birdies are cute too.

Most Reactions