all alone in the world :(

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
:d yeah, there's a conversation starter for you... Beautiful woman comes up to you... "hey, did you know you've got bird poop all over the back of your shirt?!" :p

nope. Never ever happened to me...

Not even once...

Okay, maybe a few times...

Sassy12

Aug 25, 2015
Media
Belle, Missouri
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Alone in the world. I realize today, that the world is full of people like you. Nothing to be sad about nor be ashamed of, because you should not be trying to meet the perfect lady and let her meet you instead. I did not have a girlfriend at your age neither. My reasons were different, but caused me sadness for along time. I had a severe stroke at 16 that caused girls to potty me verses finding love. That occurred until age 28 and than I met girls that liked me. Got married at age 37. If I look over my life, I would wonder why I was sad. Why I did not let life lead me, instead of me trying to lead life. You are young and have plenty of time.

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
I also want to say, as someone who stayed in a stagnant relationship for four years simply because leaving was looked at as failure, there are times I wish I could go back and have some of those years back.

But, use this time to get to know yourself! Find out what you love, and really just enjoy not being tied down in life right away. I spent from age 19 to 23 caring for someone else's children and not enjoying my best years. I learned a lot and grew up very fast to adapt, but now I'm behind in life and trying to do the things I should have done in my early 20's.

Don't be in such a rush to meet someone, be interested in developing yourself. Travel, try things, and just enjoy being you.

AJBirds

Apr 9, 2015
Parrots
Pixie - Hahn's Macaw
Kyo - right there with you. In a terrible, horrible relationship from 18 onwards, gave up a lot of what I'd have enjoyed as a free-spirited twenty-something; in some ways I don't regret it, but in other respects...

Being single and carefree during your twenties is a gift.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
:D Yeah, there's a conversation starter for you... beautiful woman comes up to you... "Hey, did you know you've got bird poop all over the back of your shirt?!" :p

"It's because the 'chicks' dig me."

Well, the funniest one of those, was the day that we were in the park, and Sweepea reached over and bit my zipper in half...

Beautiful woman: Eerrr ummm excuse my but your fly is open...

No, actually, my bird just bit the zipper in half.

Woman walks away snickering. (And really, who can blame her?! You'd have a pretty tough time keeping a straight face.)

You have to maintain your sense of humor, and just learn to laugh about these things... or you'll end up crying and emotionally upset all the time.

"We don't laugh because we feel good. We feel good because we remember to laugh." (I don't recall who said that, but it's not an original thought. It's a quote from someone.)

Last edited:

Most Reactions