always drawn to birds

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I do have two cats -Riply & Nano bites-
four snakes- china, dip & stick, and Grand Chahee-
When I was younger, I was in charge of collecting eggs from my grandmothers chickens and ducks, I learned my love from each and every peck and flogging I got from the roosters and hens my grandmother owned. I learned how to bluff her evil geese into leaving me alone.

As I got older, I got chickens of my own, and I learned to love them even more when I turned 10 and I had to nurture them from chicks into adults and protect them from brears and stray dogs, and... they became my best friends besides my dog.

As I grew into my Adult years, I encountered Cherry my aunts evil lovebird, whom I grew to love, even though she tried to eat every finger that dared open her cage door. Growing up in the outdoors I moved threw the wilds from an early age, I learned how to handle wild birds from baby robins to chickadees. In time I started carrying a camera, to prove to people that I knew what I was talking about when I told people of the kits I could handle, both foxes and beavers, and the parents didnt view me as a threat.

During a trip to the states, I was collecting fall leaves for my collection of junk when one late evening I snatched a leaf off a tree, vary beautiful tri colored leaf, when I felt an object land on my head and fall onto my shoulder, the poor bird gave a tweet and flew off, my friend said the look we both gave him was priceless.

in my late 20's I started working for Biologist Bird studies, as a bear guard, I hiked 8 to 15 miles a day, just looking at birds, I collected hundreds of swan feathers, during the summer storms I was accually hit in the head by a flyaway bird. On hot days I learned not to tie anything that flapped and was bright colored to the end of my gun. (it attracts all manors of predatory birds)

Just yesterday I walked out to the balcony and found a young bird eating seeds from a tray I forgot I put out there and shocked myself. I still have it. I can still pick up a young bird without it becomeing afraid of me and flying off. I wish I had a camera at that moment, a young redcap, tiny thing, less then 3 oz's. its mother came by a moment later, and scolded me for messing with her chick, though she was less then 5 inches from my hand when she did it.

I wish I had my pictures, the chickadee picture I loved the most, though I dont know what happened to it, was of three chicks lined in a row on a slanted tree limb, each fluttering as momma and daddy came to feed them. I was there for nearly 10 minuets clicking pictures, though only one of the hundreds of pictures accually turned out. it was from about a foot away, their stubby wings and tail feathers were fanned and they were screaming for attention.

Most Reactions

Latest posts