And then there were two 'toos.....

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Flower seems to be doing ok-- she's been eating and playing but keeping her distance....

Chili is completely petrified about the new cage and her soul-sucking doppelgänger neighbor lol

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
BCC-Ellie House Sparrow-Napolean Parakeet-Bean
Poor Chili. Foo sympathizes, she hates change, new cages seem daunting, especially if your neighbor is a soul sucker. :p

aether-drifter

Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
OMG ! I have been trying to find something like that! May I ask where can i purchase the feeder? Im not exactly sure what it is called but its suppose to make it easier for us when cleaning up so that their food dont fly out everywhere haha.
Please let me know where I can get one and what it called. Thank You!

Flower's former mama here -- this is the feeder I got, in the large size - Bird Cage Feeder Box: Caitec Seed Corral at DrsFosterSmith.com

It is awesome, and well worth the money! At first she wanted nothing to do with it, but I put her favorite treats inside and she could only resist for so long. ;)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
How's it going with the pink ladies, Shirre?? Has Flower settled in a bit, and has Chili taken to her new digs and Doppelganger yet? :)

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
How's it going with the pink ladies, Shirre?? Has Flower settled in a bit, and has Chili taken to her new digs and Doppelganger yet? :)

It's going well so far!

Flower has started to settle in a bit more~ she's a bit nervous around my three year bouncing, energetic child (lol) so she'll fly over to me for comfort. She's also been playing with her toys, eating well, etc~ it's funny to listen to her get mad at her toys lol

Chili's still getting used to her new cage, and they both stay away from each other for now. She's also being a bit uptight about everything, so I'm making sure she gets my attention first and plenty of snuggle time.

It was funny~ yesterday I held out my hand and whistled for chili and flower came instead!! Lol chili just looked at her like umm what the heck?! So, looks like I need to work on two different calls...

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
It's been about 6 weeks since Flower came home, so I figured it was time for an update!

Chili and Flower still don't care for each other, yet Chili will play with Flower's toys through the cage divider lol

Flower has settled in nicely~
She demands cuddles before she'll come out of the cage

Super snuggle mode

She's even tried some new and interesting toys lol

Annnnnnnnnnd- I'm SO proud of her for this-- she let my (3 yr old) son pet her, which was huge for the both of them. He was super excited he got to pet a birdie

And she's had baths, but yesterday was the first time she actually enjoyed it!

Ready!

Big wings!!

Dat fluff

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Great to hear a good update Shirre. I bet Jed was thrilled about getting to pet Flower :). Sounds like she's having no problem settling in. She was originally from a good home too, so I'm sure that makes it easier for all. I especially love the last pic, that's hilarious! :D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Wonderful update and photos, Shirre! I'm thrilled Flower is so happy in her new home!

These photos are so sweet, she looks like she's really enjoying attention from Jed and he's being so careful. I'm glad you got that last pic after Flower's shower, she's too cute for words.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
How have I missed the last few updates?!? Looks like Flower has settled in so well! Loved the pics of her and Chili. They are both such beautiful birds and so obviously well cared for.

Any chance of seeing a few videos of them as well?

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Great to hear a good update Shirre. I bet Jed was thrilled about getting to pet Flower :). Sounds like she's having no problem settling in. She was originally from a good home too, so I'm sure that makes it easier for all. I especially love the last pic, that's hilarious! :D

Oh he was SO excited!!! She's fine until he starts bouncing around with excitement - then she's like mom, save me!! Hahaha

Wonderful update and photos, Shirre! I'm thrilled Flower is so happy in her new home!

These photos are so sweet, she looks like she's really enjoying attention from Jed and he's being so careful. I'm glad you got that last pic after Flower's shower, she's too cute for words.

Thanks allee- I'm glad she's happy here too...she's adjusted so well. And jed was so so so careful with her-- he does this finger thing when he wants to scratch her, where he wiggles his index finger and says "pweeeeease???" it's so cute lol

I was so surprised that she had such a good bath time yesterday-- so far she's just sat there like a bump on a log "oohhh kklk...." But this time she really got into it lol

Is there anything sweeter than a fluffy pink bird? I think not!

Umm, yes--- a fluffy blue bird named Zoe!!!!

How have I missed the last few updates?!? Looks like Flower has settled in so well! Loved the pics of her and Chili. They are both such beautiful birds and so obviously well cared for.

Any chance of seeing a few videos of them as well?

I can do videos of them separately, but they won't be together-- chili is in the jealous/aggressive stage of the transition, so although they live next to each other in the same cage, they want NOTHING to do with each other lol

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Separate videos will be fine, Shirre. In fact, you can just lump those two in with a certain other long awaited video for one uber-thread! You know... just throwing that out there. Lol!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Sweet! Loving the video, (and both your and Chili's dance moves!) but I can't hear a thing with all the construction going on out here! (Midtown, Manhattan) I'll check it out again once I get inside.

Most Reactions

Latest posts