And then there were two 'toos.....

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Welcome home Flower! I love their cage. Are you going to set up both sides exactly the same so theres no jealousy issues or do both sides individual for each bird? Have the 2 been introduced yet? I hope they become friends!

I'm doing both sides catered to each individual because there are some things chili likes that flower doesn't (like boings and swinging things).

They've actually had two visits with each other prior to this homecoming, so this is their third meeting already-- they're still pretty indifferent towards each other but they haven't tried to be mean to each other yet.

That would be fabulous if they became friends! But I don't have expectations in that area- I just want them both to be happy here no matter what.

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
Really loved reading through this thread... Flower got an amazing new home, and you got an amazing new bird. The cage is ginormous! How awesome is that. From someone who recently rehomed a bird, this helped me to visualize how excited and well meaning a new owner can be. My Senegal was rehomed with a woman who has a red bellied, who just doats over her. And as much as I miss her, I know she is in the right place and that gives me comfort. Thanks so much for for sharing. Enjoy your new bird.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Really loved reading through this thread... Flower got an amazing new home, and you got an amazing new bird. The cage is ginormous! How awesome is that. From someone who recently rehomed a bird, this helped me to visualize how excited and well meaning a new owner can be. My Senegal was rehomed with a woman who has a red bellied, who just doats over her. And as much as I miss her, I know she is in the right place and that gives me comfort. Thanks so much for for sharing. Enjoy your new bird.

I'm so glad your little one is in excellent care! I can't imagine how difficult it is to rehome them~ I know it's emotionally tough for the ones doing the rehoming, but on my end, I'm over the moon....it's hard not to be though. I feel extremely honored and ecstatic being able to welcome such a wonderful girl into my home. My home and heart are definitely full....

(I think I need a bigger house at some point hehehehe [emoji6][emoji56])

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment

I'm so glad your little one is in excellent care! I can't imagine how difficult it is to rehome them~ I know it's emotionally tough for the ones doing the rehoming, but on my end, I'm over the moon....it's hard not to be though. I feel extremely honored and ecstatic being able to welcome such a wonderful girl into my home. My home and heart are definitely full....

(I think I need a bigger house at some point hehehehe [emoji6][emoji56])

The decision took months, as I vacillated back and forth. It was tough. Emotionally, like a rain storm. :( I cried - a lot, which also made the new owner cry, a lot :) She wanted a Senegal for a long time. So my feeing was, the right person came along at the right time. And now Kiwi is thriving. I am very happy for you. I can't wait to hear more about your new one, and about how chili is doing too. :D

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
I love when their eye pupils do that [go all the way to the corners :)] he he

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I hope the lovely girls, including Mom, are having a happy day!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Well I've been cleaning house and bird cages since 10am .... I finally have the big cage in its spot and decorated chili's side

Now it's time to clean out her old cage....

itsjoyceduh

Jun 9, 2015
California
Parrots
Bella the BFA
Well I'm pooped. What an incredibly long and exhausting day.... In 100*+ weather too....

She was a champ on the road

All of her perches, food, and toys

The cage

Hanging out while I put the cage together

Voila!!

Eating a few bites on top of the cage

Eating from her feeder

She's definitely a daddy's girl....

Tomorrow I'll spend more time decorating with toys and perches and get chili set up in the other side....so more to come!!

OMG ! I have been trying to find something like that! May I ask where can i purchase the feeder? Im not exactly sure what it is called but its suppose to make it easier for us when cleaning up so that their food dont fly out everywhere haha.
Please let me know where I can get one and what it called. Thank You!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Well I'm pooped. What an incredibly long and exhausting day.... In 100*+ weather too....

She was a champ on the road

All of her perches, food, and toys

The cage

Hanging out while I put the cage together

Voila!!

Eating a few bites on top of the cage

Eating from her feeder

She's definitely a daddy's girl....

Tomorrow I'll spend more time decorating with toys and perches and get chili set up in the other side....so more to come!!

OMG ! I have been trying to find something like that! May I ask where can i purchase the feeder? Im not exactly sure what it is called but its suppose to make it easier for us when cleaning up so that their food dont fly out everywhere haha.

Please let me know where I can get one and what it called. Thank You!

It's called a "no mess feeder" and looks like you can get them on Amazon-

LARGE TWEEKY CLEAN Seed Bird Feeder parrot toy toys african grey amazon tidy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JQVPL0S/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_JavVvbGYEWK1J

They also have smaller ones depending on your bird size- just search for "no mess feeder" and you'll see the different sizes

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
What are the measurements for this cage? It's huge!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
So who is on the left, and who is on the right? How did you decide who went where? Was Flower previously occupying the whole cage, so now she has to learn to share one half?

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
So who is on the left, and who is on the right? How did you decide who went where? Was Flower previously occupying the whole cage, so now she has to learn to share one half?

Flower previously had the whole cage to herself....I put her on the left because it has an extra door for her no-mess feeder --chili doesn't have one (yet)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie

Flower previously had the whole cage to herself....I put her on the left because it has an extra door for her no-mess feeder --chili doesn't have one (yet)

I wonder how Flower feels about sharing? She might say "Hey Chili what the heck! This is MY cage! The whole huge thing!" lol!

How is Chili taking to the new cage which is completely different from her old one?

Most Reactions