Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I love Salty, that laugh got me!

reeb

Oct 23, 2017
Media
Albums
Cape Town, South Africa
Parrots
Berry (♀ Cockatiel) hatched June 2017
Opal (♂ Budgie) hatched 13 August 2017
Pearl (♀ Budgie) hatched 15 August 2017
+ an aviary of 16 other budgies! all hatched 2014-2017
Just For Fun:

As promised, here is Berry, the only member of the flock who has discovered the BIG SECRET to getting to the forbidden area of my room - AKA, THE BED!! She definitely played me for a fool the first time - I was lying on my side watching YouTube with earphones in only to have cockatiel talons pierce into my cheek and give me the fright of my life!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt8ClyWyN9A"]Berry sneaks under the curtain![/ame]

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
"Nay! This cunningly wrought barricade of gossamer fabric shall not deter me from mine quest!" I don't know why she's all medieval in my imagination, but let's roll with it! Lol!

Your laugh when she gets through is priceless as well!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am laughing so hard at Berry! She was really moving once she made it under that curtain!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Geez Salty! No point in entering THIS contest! Love him. His singing is priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Berry - SO clever!! Haha! And I think the medieval spin works perfectly, Anansi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiscoDuck

Banned
Banned
Jun 9, 2012
Media
Wilmington DE - Landenberg PA
Parrots
Rudy - Hybrid Ruby Macaw Born 6/6/15 Scarlet Mother/Green Wing Father - Oliver BFA RIP 3/15/15 @ 34yo. Without you, I would not have Rudy. Thank you!
Rudy - A very well acclimated 3yo GWM

This was taken 3rd week of March 2018.

Rudy screaming at the sky.

Why is the Global Warming so late this year!

discoduck-albums-rudy-brandywine-picture19727-rudy-screaming-where-global-warming.jpg

ToMang07

Jul 14, 2015
Maine, USA
Parrots
Willow the Umbrella Cockatoo
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6-0K9b5pF0"]Willow The Umbrella Cockatoo Goes Full Monkey - YouTube[/ame]

If it's too long feel free to delete mods!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Rudy - A very well acclimated 3yo GWM

This was taken 3rd week of March 2018.

Rudy screaming at the sky.

Why is the Global Warming so late this year!

discoduck-albums-rudy-brandywine-picture19727-rudy-screaming-where-global-warming.jpg

A worthy entry, as Rudy echoes what so many of us are feeling at the moment! Lol!

Delete this?!? Have you gone mad, man??? That video fits this contest to a tee! I started cracking up immediately!

Is it just me, or do cockatoos have have the most hilarious sense of humor? They just do the weirdest things, sometimes, that they just have to be doing for our benefit!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
[/quote]

Delete this?!? Have you gone mad, man??? That video fits this contest to a tee! I started cracking up immediately!

Is it just me, or do cockatoos have the most hilarious sense of humor? They just do the weirdest things, sometimes, that they just have to be doing for our benefit!
[/QUOTE]

Just edit it by adding "Just for Fun." And all is good!!!

Last edited:

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
It's funny to look back on how far we've come with our little Yoda. I remember when we first brought him home he was so shy and so unsure of himself. He was barely confident enough to hang onto my arm, and struggled to stay on my shoulder. It took time to gain his trust to pet his head, and he hated being upside down (like for nail clippings).

Now he flies, he climbs, he jumps, he burrows into my hair and snuggles all over us.... and one of the stranger things he likes, he LOVES being held like an ice-cream cone, with his feet on our thumbs and our fingers wrapped around him. When my husband holds him, he snuggles into his hands and ends up on his back in my husband's hand, and lies there just chewing his feet and looking crazy-cute.

Here's how Yoda likes to be carried around... like some kind of limp banana, he lets his head hang back so the world looks upside down to him... Silly bird!!!

squeekmouse-albums-yoda-pics-picture19764-limpyoda.jpg

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
It's funny to look back on how far we've come with our little Yoda. I remember when we first brought him home he was so shy and so unsure of himself. He was barely confident enough to hang onto my arm, and struggled to stay on my shoulder. It took time to gain his trust to pet his head, and he hated being upside down (like for nail clippings).

Now he flies, he climbs, he jumps, he burrows into my hair and snuggles all over us.... and one of the stranger things he likes, he LOVES being held like an ice-cream cone, with his feet on our thumbs and our fingers wrapped around him. When my husband holds him, he snuggles into his hands and ends up on his back in my husband's hand, and lies there just chewing his feet and looking crazy-cute.

Here's how Yoda likes to be carried around... like some kind of limp banana, he lets his head hang back so the world looks upside down to him... Silly bird!!!

Haha Syd does exactly the same. If I keep him upright - so the ice doesn't fall out - he looks at me intently knowing that I am going to sing to him and he joins in in his own inimitable way. The men in white coats are on their way for both of us! :D

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

I just love your Yoda :heart:

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Anansi said:

Is it just me, or do cockatoos have have the most hilarious sense of humor? They just do the weirdest things, sometimes, that they just have to be doing for our benefit!

Just edit it by adding "Just for Fun." And all is good!!!

Well, only if it is indeed a "Just For Fun" entry. Otherwise, it's definitely good as an official entry.

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

I love that pic, and I think it's amazing how far Yoda has come in your care. This perfectly demonstrates what I always say about keeping birds. You get out of it what you put in. And you've obviously put in quite a bit.

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Thanks Tami!!! Thanks Anansi!!! :D

I love my Yoda SO much, I'm like a proud parent. I want to brag about him and show him off to anyone and everyone, but few people really understand how it is with our Fid's. That's why I love the Parrotforums. YOU guys really GET it. We don't have children and probably never will, but we've got Yoda (and maybe some day another Fid may join our flock) and we love him SOOOO much!

DiscoDuck

Banned
Banned
Jun 9, 2012
Media
Wilmington DE - Landenberg PA
Parrots
Rudy - Hybrid Ruby Macaw Born 6/6/15 Scarlet Mother/Green Wing Father - Oliver BFA RIP 3/15/15 @ 34yo. Without you, I would not have Rudy. Thank you!
I love that pic, and I think it's amazing how far Yoda has come in your care. This perfectly demonstrates what I always say about keeping birds. You get out of it what you put in. And you've obviously put in quite a bit.

ding ding ding...!! Best Moderator post in this thread so far! IMHO of course!:red1:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Amazing entries so far! I know there are a bunch more examples of our birds either acting the fool or playing us for fools, so let's keep them coming!

Most Reactions