Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow, these are some fantastic entries this month! Can't wait to see more of your tricksters:)

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I had trouble deciding if I should post video of Luna playing or the clip I finally:32: picked.

In the end playing with toys no mater how energetic is not novel enough.

Lucky my first Cockatiel is most closely bonded to my wife. Baby being bonded to Lucky gets jealous of the attention Lucky shows to my wife and when this activity starts Baby has to get in between. We call him "the interrupter" as a joke.

Sorry about the jumpy video. I was trying to get a better angle on the action in order to see both birds..

[ame="https://youtu.be/qAqBs9JmFdI"]Lucky and Baby singing - YouTube[/ame]

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hahaha! I love that video! Hilarious!!!

My wife just heard the whistling and instantly recognized the sweet sounds of a cockatiel. Made her nostalgic for our dearly departed Suzie.

AkridChaos

Aug 31, 2017
USA
Parrots
Rescue Budgie: Snowball (blue/grey)
Normal Budgie: Oliver (yellow/green)
Black Capped Conure: Warbeak
Parrotlet: Lily, Rest In Peace
Canary-Winged Parakeet: Stryker
Just for fun.

[ame="https://youtu.be/E5gvMPsg76c"]https://youtu.be/E5gvMPsg76c[/ame]

It doesn’t matter how many toys I buy for him. The moment a bottle cap is in sight, he’ll occupy himself for hours with it. Bottle cap beats all his other toys I guess. Meh. Guess it’s a great money saver. I’m sure just about everyone in this forum can relate to the money they spend on fid toys (or the time making them) just for them to go ignored for a simple object.

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Just for fun.

https://youtu.be/E5gvMPsg76c

It doesn’t matter how many toys I buy for him. The moment a bottle cap is in sight, he’ll occupy himself for hours with it. Bottle cap beats all his other toys I guess. Meh. Guess it’s a great money saver. I’m sure just about everyone in this forum can relate to the money they spend on fid toys (or the time making them) just for them to go ignored for a simple object.

Yeah so funny. Syd will charge across a room to get a bottle cap before it goes in the bin! His latest trick is to circuit a room and remove all items within his power to lift,push or pivot until everything is on the floor. He will then wait patiently while I pick them all up until once again doing the rounds and repeating the process. He just looks so pleased with himself once he's got them all on the floor looking at me expectantly making a lot of 'come hither' sounds until I obey. Daft bird!

On the other hand - maybe not so daft! Perhaps it's me who should wear that hat!

Last edited:
OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Just for fun.

https://youtu.be/E5gvMPsg76c

Hahahahaha! Oh, yes! He's definitely into that cap! The bottle caps are downright magical to them! But at least your guy holds onto it longer than my ekkies do. Like T00tsyd's Syd, Jolly and Maya particularly enjoy the part where they toss the cap to the floor and gesture for me to gather it up for them to do all over again. Smh.

DiscoDuck

Banned
Banned
Jun 9, 2012
Media
Wilmington DE - Landenberg PA
Parrots
Rudy - Hybrid Ruby Macaw Born 6/6/15 Scarlet Mother/Green Wing Father - Oliver BFA RIP 3/15/15 @ 34yo. Without you, I would not have Rudy. Thank you!
He's definitely into that cap! The bottle caps are downright magical to them!

Oh how I want to spill the beans on next months entry.. I am hoping a video is of viral quality.. Time will tell:red1:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Just for fun:D

I got a good pic of Kiwi last night playing in one of his more amusing ways. As you can see he has carried a rather sizable toy with him up to the top of his cage to play with whilst hanging upside down like a large playful bat. What a nut!

attachment.php

Incidentally, who needs a TV when you have a amazon? LOVE watching my little guy go crazy with his toys:D:D:D:green::35:

Last edited:
OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Great shot, April! Looks like Sir Kiwi has been working out! Hahaha! Gravity barely seems to factor in when it comes to birds getting their playtime on, does it?

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Here’s Bumble acting a fool when she hears bells

[ame="https://youtu.be/UzCrJk9iVBQ"]Parrotlets are Quiet - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Just for fun.

So true!!! For Yoda is pen caps. He has stolen every pen cap in the house. Now my pens keep drying out, but Yoda is vastly entertained at least. :34:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I have said
"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!"
so many times I may get hoarse!

AkridChaos

Aug 31, 2017
USA
Parrots
Hahahahaha! Oh, yes! He's definitely into that cap! The bottle caps are downright magical to them! But at least your guy holds onto it longer than my ekkies do. Like T00tsyd's Syd, Jolly and Maya particularly enjoy the part where they toss the cap to the floor and gesture for me to gather it up for them to do all over again. Smh.

My favorite is when he plays “go fetch” with himself. He’ll take the bottle cap and eventually drop it to the bottom tray of that stand he’s on. He’ll *tilt* his head and look at it like “how did that happen?” After staring for a moment he’ll climb down the ladders, go pick it up, and run back up all the ladders holding onto the cap for dear life, commence play with cap again, and repeat process. I wanted so bad to get it on video for everyone. He does it all the time. It’s just he has some 6th sense to being recorded or something, because the moment the phone is on record, he stops doing it. Go figure. Another curse of the bird parront. Lol

*edited word*

Last edited:

AkridChaos

Aug 31, 2017
USA
Parrots

https://youtu.be/UzCrJk9iVBQ

Lol my Lily (also a parrotlet) will go out of her way to fly to whatever corner of the room I’m in, tweeting away like that, if I so much as accidentally jingle a bell with my toe walking across the room (I keep bells all over to play with her in many different places lol). I know your pain. 😂

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

Parrotlets are Quiet - YouTube

I love it! She's going at it so fast it's like time lapse video! Lol! Don't you wish we had a universal translator for parrots? I'd love to know what she's saying.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Hahahahaha! You just may have a point.

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Get those last minute entries in, everyone! Only a little over a day left!

OldMom

Apr 22, 2018
Cracker and peanut

Peanut and Cracker wanna go for a ride?!
:blue1::blue1:

Two old girls!
K Brown
California

Attachments

• 20180330_171756.jpg
    20180330_171756.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 195
OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Beautiful last minute entry! Double the macaws, double the fun... and the antics, apparently! I love it!

Just about an hour left for any other last minute submissions, everyone!

Most Reactions