Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Niki looks like she's making sure you don't want her millet, with Elvis as back-up! Beautiful team:)

Oh my gosh, this is hysterical! Duffy and Rocky are beautiful and talented:) Love the cages in the background as well.
I can't quite figure out in this picture how the conure on the bottom is holding on. Is he clinging onto the top bird's feet or is the top bird holding onto the bottom bird somehow? It's such a cute picture but what are they doing?

ShellyL

Feb 15, 2021
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Parrots
Black capped conures, Duffy and Rocky
Lilac Crowned Amazon, Gemi
Blue Fronted Amazon, Paco
Alexandrine Parrots, Worf & Dougie
Congo African Grey, Ozzy
Parakeet, Stormy
I can't quite figure out in this picture how the conure on the bottom is holding on. Is he clinging onto the top bird's feet or is the top bird holding onto the bottom bird somehow? It's such a cute picture but what are they doing?
One of MacDuff’s feet is holding onto one of Rocky’s feet. They are like circus performers! You can see it a little better in this pic:

Attachments

• A34940DF-439B-494C-B0CD-5800878AD9B1.jpeg
    A34940DF-439B-494C-B0CD-5800878AD9B1.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 43

ShellyL

Feb 15, 2021
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Parrots
Black capped conures, Duffy and Rocky
Lilac Crowned Amazon, Gemi
Blue Fronted Amazon, Paco
Alexandrine Parrots, Worf & Dougie
Congo African Grey, Ozzy
Parakeet, Stormy
I get it now! They do look like circus performers in a parrot chain.
Yes, my unwitting performers! And they play this game a lot, never letting the other one fall. These two… talk about a bond! 💚 💚

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
every move you make I’ll be watching you. (Official entry)

even though he can stand up and watch me, he loves to bend down and peek through the barsView attachment 49450
Haha, I bet he thinks that you can't see him if he watches from below:) I love that platform perch, I don't think I've ever seen one that large!

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
Haha, I bet he thinks that you can't see him if he watches from below:) I love that platform perch, I don't think I've ever seen one that large!
Hubby made the platform perch, we bought all the fixtures and he measured up for the corner. I think he over estimated his weight though, it’s thicker than my chopping boards, with 4 bolts to hold it in place 🤣
the hardest thing to find was M6 giant stainless steel washers.. got them from a bicycle store in the end.

Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hubby made the platform perch, we bought all the fixtures and he measured up for the corner. I think he over estimated his weight though, it’s thicker than my chopping boards, with 4 bolts to hold it in place 🤣
the hardest thing to find was M6 giant stainless steel washers.. got them from a bicycle store in the end.
Wow, that's awesome! I'm going to have my husband make a couple, thank you so much for the idea and tips. Better built too thick than not thick enough:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts