Status
Not open for further replies.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Wally getting a shower that matches his feathers!
zx3e48.jpg

Wow! Catching a rainbow effect next to your beautiful, rainbow colored macaw?!? Most impressive!

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
Wally getting a shower that matches his feathers!
zx3e48.jpg

Wow! Catching a rainbow effect next to your beautiful, rainbow colored macaw?!? Most impressive!

LOOK! It's a.... TRIPLE RAINBOW!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

TRIPLE RAINBOW ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SKYyyyyy~ :eek::red:

I wish he was mine (although he and I don't get along very well anymore)! He's one of the birds I used to work with . This was taken on Sunday which was also my last day working at the Sanctuary :(:(

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Caution: Cuddly when wet.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Related Note: (Not an entry)

If the water is turned on, she's gonna get wet...

Lullx

Mar 6, 2015
Central New York
Parrots
Nephele - Baby CAG | Genevieve & Phaedrus - Green Cheeks | Lucy - Lutino Cockatiel | Ludo, Zero & Anzu - Budgerigars
I take my monsters into the shower with me about once a week. Conures are often bathed twice a week, as they really like it.
Once in a while I'm able to wrangle all three together. They behave so nicely together and really love spending the time with me in the warm bathroom.

RVy0ht2.png

(Lucy, Phaedrus, Genevieve)

This is directly after a shower a few days ago.

I use a dowel perch to keep them all together, otherwise I end up with someone on my head, someone dangling upside down on my left hand, and another atop my foot because they're scared that the tub is going to eat them.
When I just have one or two, they just sit on my hand and get misted by the warm water.

Genevieve understands the word "shower" and gets pretty excited when I ask if she wants to go now. I love these monsters so much.

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
This might just be my favorite POTM contest ever....I love little wet chickens!

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Just out of curiosity, is there like incentive to win this or for fun? 0.o

Why sure!!! Your bird gets an all expense paid trip to Rio, where it will stay in a 5 star hotel and be wined and dined with room service, meet lovely sexy birds, and dance to the wee hours of the nite....all the while you get to stay home.....your bird will write home stating it's having too much fun and doesn't want to come home.

Ahhh ha ha ha......just kidding......heck, my birds get all that here!!!! Room service every day.

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
th

Sung to the tune of "12 days of Christmas"......

..."On the 10th day of spring, my true love gave to me"......

{ "here take your bird, it's making an awful ruckus of noise and bit me on the Boosum" }....

"Poppie in a Crabapple Tree"

"On the 11th day of spring, my true love said to me....."

{"Michael !!!! Birdell made a bad landing into the kitchen sink full of dishwater!!!! }

" 2 bad landings and a Poppie in a crabapple tree.........."

"On the 12th day of spring my true love said to me...."

{ Michael get Grayson, he's tormenting the dogs and biting their tails!}

" 3 tormented dogs, 2 bad landings and Poppie in a crabapple tree"

"On the 13th day of spring my true love said to me....."

{ What in the heck is that? It's bird mush chop with all kinds of fruit and veggies...Want some? No thanks. }

" 4 bowls of mushy chop, 3 tormented dogs, 2 bad landings and Poppie in a crabapple tree..."

" On the 14th day of spring my true love said to me..."

{ Remind me again why we have 5 birds???}

" 5 crazy Birds...! 4 bowls of mushy chop, 3 tormented dogs, 2 bad landings and Poppie in a crab apple tree"

Attachments

• Poppie loves flowers.jpg
    Poppie loves flowers.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 497
OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Beautiful photo, Michael! I'm saving it here this time, so you don't get to back out again, HAHAHAHAH!

13903d1428156750-april-potm-contest-poppie-loves-flowers.jpg

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
Okey dokey......! Thanks it is a good one of her. She takes good pictures...the others never sit still.

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
th

{ "here take your bird, it's making an awful ruckus of noise and bit me on the Boosum" }....

{"Michael !!!! Birdell made a bad landing into the kitchen sink full of dishwater!!!! }

{ What in the heck is that? It's bird mush chop with all kinds of fruit and veggies...Want some? No thanks. }

" 4 bowls of mushy chop, 3 tormented dogs, 2 bad landings and Poppie in a crabapple tree..."

" 5 crazy Birds...! 4 bowls of mushy chop, 3 tormented dogs, 2 bad landings and Poppie in a crab apple tree"

She looks absolutely STOKED to be a Poppie in a crabapple tree! Love her expression

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
th

She looks absolutely STOKED to be a Poppie in a crabapple tree! Love her expression

she loves being outside....just try getting her out of the tree....won't happen until she says so.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
*Not an entry! Just for fun!

Not one of Maya's best pics, but that half-lidded look of contentment just cracks me up!
20150119_142421_zps1a25830b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And one more...

Last edited:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Michael, that is a fantastic photo of Poppie in a crabapple tree!

Stephen and Karen, I love, love, love your, 'for fun photos' of Maya and Zoe! Maya seems to have found bath-time bliss and Zoe's spiked do is too cute.

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
Michael, that is a fantastic photo of Poppie in a crabapple tree!

Stephen and Karen, I love, love, love your, 'for fun photos' of Maya and Zoe! Maya seems to have found bath-time bliss and Zoe's spiked do is too cute.

Thank you....Have this hula flower ring, you now the ones they give you once your in Hawaii...well put it on poppies perch and she had it around her in such a way that it looked like she just arrived in Hawaii herself....wish camera battery wasn't dead at the time, would have made an excellent photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions