April POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
I take my monsters into the shower with me about once a week. Conures are often bathed twice a week, as they really like it.
Once in a while I'm able to wrangle all three together. They behave so nicely together and really love spending the time with me in the warm bathroom.

RVy0ht2.png

(Lucy, Phaedrus, Genevieve)

This is directly after a shower a few days ago.

I use a dowel perch to keep them all together, otherwise I end up with someone on my head, someone dangling upside down on my left hand, and another atop my foot because they're scared that the tub is going to eat them.
When I just have one or two, they just sit on my hand and get misted by the warm water.

Genevieve understands the word "shower" and gets pretty excited when I ask if she wants to go now. I love these monsters so much.

That is so cute.

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
This is awesome! Love, love, love all the entries so far!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Sure you can! Just post the pic so everyone can see it full size. And yes, he does indeed look quite fresh.

inagabs

Apr 10, 2015
Baby the 20 year old female Blue fronted amazon loves getting soaked down with a spray bottle. I adopted her when she was 13.
IMG_20150410_215130_zpsdnj4vg4d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Baby the 20 year old female Blue fronted amazon loves getting soaked down with a spray bottle. I adopted her when she was 13.
[/URL][/IMG]

Have two just like that....and both love to get wet....I can't get them off the shower perch once the bathing starts...they would spend all day there if I let them. Right now both are singing to some country music on radio...The " Poppie and Vinney" duet ...lol.

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
:DCan I just submit this photo from my profile. it was taken mid showe. I love it! Doesn't he look so fresh?

This one???

sheeji-albums-loving-leo-picture13964-showering.jpg

My Grey hates the spray bottle....but loves sitting on perch in shower...Or a big bowl of water and he'll play in it for a couple hours at least.

Sheeji

Feb 18, 2015
Media
Al khobar Saudi Arabia
Parrots
16 month old Congo African grey called Leo
This one.:)

Does it appear too small? You can just click on the thumbnail.

13942d1428788570-april-potm-contest-img_20150215_152238.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150215_152238.jpg
    IMG_20150215_152238.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 431
Last edited by a moderator:

Sheeji

Feb 18, 2015
Media
Al khobar Saudi Arabia
Parrots
16 month old Congo African grey called Leo
Just out of curiosity, is there like incentive to win this or for fun? 0.o

The incentive (as stated in the original post) is the winning photo will be displayed on the forum's home page for a month, and a premium membership for one year ($9.99 value) [emoji41]

You forgot the fact that It's a chance to show off our FIDs that we adore so!!;);)

inagabs

Apr 10, 2015
[/URL][/IMG]

Have two just like that....and both love to get wet....I can't get them off the shower perch once the bathing starts...they would spend all day there if I let them. Right now both are singing to some country music on radio...The " Poppie and Vinney" duet ...lol.

Aww they sound adorable :) and i havnt known an amazon that didnt love getting completely soaked hehe. Mine sings up a storm aswell only its her own sort of gibberish language lol. The only english song she sings is: its raining its pouring , when she hears the rain. And i cant sneeze without getting a "goodness gracious" from her . :D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I may resort to names in a hat for this month's contest, all the photos are award winners!

RainbowRose

Aug 6, 2014
I LOVE THIS CONTEST! On my gosh every single photo is great! I really like this contest, the birds all look so cute during shower time. Sooo cute hahaha! I gotta find a cute one to post too cause they look so scruffy, but seriously there are some really beautiful shots on here! Awesome!

Etienette

Mar 30, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Mink (♂ GCC)
I love all these shots, both silly and pretty!
I was hoping to participate in this contest as well - before it ended, so here's my entry!

Mink decided to take a dip in his water bowl

Attachments

• IMG_20150416_202021.jpg
    IMG_20150416_202021.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 355
Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
psittaciformes-albums-kiwiberry-picture14278-kiwiberry-enjoying-spring.jpg

Drying up in the sun, enjoying cuddles with a chair, checking to see if the sprouts are growing. Does spring get any better than this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions