Are these pairs worth it?

Highlandparrots92

Aug 6, 2017
Scotland, edinburgh
Parrots
Parrotlets,Irish fancy canaries, meyers, jardines, white capped pionus, Budgies, Tiels, Goldie & Scaly Lorikeets, Lineolated parakeets, Kakarkis, R.i.P - Pip lesser sulphur cocktoo "always on my shoul
Hello everyone

Im looking for a bit of advice i have the oppurtunity to buy some proven pairs of birds from a older breeder who is packing it all in due to age and lifes changes the birds in question are all paired birds and have DNA and ringed Moustache parrots, turquiose and splendid parakeets and Crimson winged parrots. Ive very tempted as in my view these birds dont come up very often i havnt seen may over in scotland im hoping for advice regarding if it is a worthwhile investment and if the types of birds mentioned if the youngsters would sell easily enough like are they popular? Personnally i rarely see any of above mentioned for sale even babies so maybe that is why they arent overly popular if no young to buy how could they ever become popular. This is potentailly a very large investment for me so im trying to get as much information anything but more so regards to if young will sell easily enough and breeding aspects. If this is in the wrong forum could a administrator move it to correct one please. Many thanks. Sam and the feathery gang

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Didn't you ask the seller these questions? You would need to know their breeding rates, survival of their offspring, abilities of the parent birds to rear their young or are they completely hand fed? Are you able to cope with round the clock feeding?

:)

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
If you are looking at this by way of investment and therefore a business then the current owner should be able to supply proof of turnover etc. I would be asking those questions before paying any money over. It may well suit him as pocket money but what you have to ask yourself is whether that presents sufficient return on your investment. Without that it may well be an extension of a hobby. If you are not prepared for that then avoid. Always buyer beware!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
The only one I've seen at all are the mustache parakeets, but that's here in US

Most Reactions