August POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
That brought tears to my eyes just looking at it. OUCH

Yeah. Check out the eyes, and the wings on that bird.

That is a majorly pissed off big mac...

And that advice about ignoring the bites?! Don't react. Just sit there, and pretend it doesn't hurt...

1. Bad advice.
2. Just not gonna happen.
3. Do what it takes to protect yourself.
4. If they're not bite pressure trained, or if they displacement bite, they're arm candy, not shoulder birds!

Here's one that's significantly less disturbing for the Big-Beak-O-Phobes:

http://i.imgur.com/djnWz0j.jpg

Just hug it out. There now, feel better?!
(Those are two of my all time favorite big mac photos.)

Last edited:

ToMang07

Jul 14, 2015
Maine, USA
Parrots
Willow the Umbrella Cockatoo
I call this one "LET ME OUT!" lol

20150719_201336_zpsydb1msys.jpg

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I thought this would be really difficult because Gil is never grumpy. But I recently discovered he abhors red nail polish (I didn't own any until about two weeks ago). So last night he ran after my red toes. Silly goose. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438707271.536321.jpg

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
Here is a not so happy Kiwi

Kiwi looks like she is wearing a sombrero!! :D

Hahaha, that made me chuckle.... It's the bottom of her hanging play stand. She was on my knee when the picture was taken. I was sick at the time and reached for some Kleenex (you know). She was convinced the Kleenex monster was after her. :eek: She also gets very offended when the Kleenex monster wipes up after she presents a doodie too. :30:

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
"This is MY blanket fort!! No moms allowed!"

30280hi.jpg

Newbsi

Jul 18, 2015
Saratoga Springs NY
Parrots
Gollum - Senegal
Hatch Day- 5/8/15 &

Dobby- Indian Ringneck
Hatch Day- 7/16/15
IT IS NOT MY BEDTIME!!!:mad:

Attachments

• photo 1 (43).jpg
    photo 1 (43).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 201

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Shiko loves words an exceptional amount. If he could absorb a dictionary and use every word available to man kind, I'm more than positive he would (though I think he would have more fun shredding the thing...). However, there is ONE word he detests... and that word is "NO". He HATES it. In fact, I was simply bugging him, playing the beak game where I hold one finger on his beak and wait until he says "boop!", but instead of waiting for his words I would say "no".

This was his face shortly after, hahaha! THIS is an angry ringneck!

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
This was his face shortly after, hahaha! THIS is an angry ringneck!

I believe he is quite possibly about to make a rude hand gesture at you?! Lol

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
Hahahaha Shiko looks like he is trying to force choke you!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Not sure if I can enter or not because I won once before, so this is just for fun:)

28fae56e-9082-49bf-b39e-d463f702c5c3_zpsu5jnahwk.jpg

How DARE you stick Kiwi in this *filthy* bush. Remove my delicate he-diva self IMMEDIATELY. I want to sit on my pedi-perch in my nice clean cage, not this dirt-ridden plant thing! I know they SAY parrots are not domestic, but the only way Kiwi likes to "get wild" is to 90's boy band music:p!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Love that picture of Kiwi,April! You can definitely enter it, doesn't matter if you have won before:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts