Smerft85

Jun 10, 2019
Colorful Colorado with colorful birds
Parrots
6 budgies, 3 cockatiels, 1 amazon and two Indian ringnecks
22836d1565068209-august-potm-contest-resized952019080595230220.jpg

View attachment 22836

r2UdU9K.jpg

Our entry with Biggie showing his inner pterodactyl, we aren't the best picture takers, but live sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
22836d1565068209-august-potm-contest-resized952019080595230220.jpg

View attachment 22836

Our entry with Biggie showing his inner pterodactyl, we aren't the best picture takers, but live sharing!

Biggie is the perfect pterodactyl! I think your pictures are wonderful:)

This made me laugh! Salty certainly does look cute, and I see a gleam in his eye that reveals his inner raptor.

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
I totally forgot I used to draw macaw/dinosaur hybrids, here are some pictures of my macaw Jacob depicted as a dinosaur or dinobird hybrid.

T-Rex with blue and gold macaw colors, looks very silly and clowny:
cartoony_blue_and_gold_macaw_t_rex_by_valyndris-dc6c6v8.jpg

blue and gold raptor bird hybrid:
raptor_macaw_by_valyndris_dc54xl5-fullview.jpg

Cute little bird raptor hybrid:
raptor_macaw_by_valyndris_dc54xb0-fullview.jpg

Not even sure what to call this one:
dragon_trex_macaw_by_valyndris_dc86g68-pre.jpg

And here is another one of my blue and gold T-Rex trying to eat the camera just for fun:
mmm_a_camera_by_valyndris_dc6icpj-fullview.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I totally forgot I used to draw macaw/dinosaur hybrids, here are some pictures of my macaw Jacob depicted as a dinosaur or dinobird hybrid.

T-Rex with blue and gold macaw colors, looks very silly and clowny:
cartoony_blue_and_gold_macaw_t_rex_by_valyndris-dc6c6v8.jpg

blue and gold raptor bird hybrid:
raptor_macaw_by_valyndris_dc54xl5-fullview.jpg

Cute little bird raptor hybrid:
raptor_macaw_by_valyndris_dc54xb0-fullview.jpg

Not even sure what to call this one:
dragon_trex_macaw_by_valyndris_dc86g68-pre.jpg

And here is another one of my blue and gold T-Rex trying to eat the camera just for fun:
mmm_a_camera_by_valyndris_dc6icpj-fullview.jpg

Awesome sketches! You've captured the essence of the B&G as dinos!! Each image has different personality and level of threat. Nicely done!!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
This contest is the home of a thousand belly laughs already and it is only the first week. I pulled together a couple of snippets right here to give y'all "T. Rix" for my entry. Smile, Bird, smile.
9YNhUAc.jpg

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
This contest is the home of a thousand belly laughs already and it is only the first week. I pulled together a couple of snippets right here to give y'all "T. Rix" for my entry. Smile, Bird, smile.
9YNhUAc.jpg

Haha, I love it, T-Rix, I'm sure your parrot and mine are a lot alike I call my blue and gold a T-Rex all the time, if you saw my entry we both got some scary T-Rexes. :)

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
These entries are over the top! Salty’s alter ego would make anyone smile.

Valyndris, your sketches are fantastic, better than anything I came across while researching for the contest and some of those were done by highly skilled hands.

9YNhUAc.jpg

I would not want to cross paths with the T-Rix while he’s channeling his inner dinosaur. Excellent entry from the Rickeybird.

Last edited:

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
**JUST FOR FUN**

tami2-albums-misc-picture21652-raptor-blue.jpg

After the Jurassic World gray Raptor named ‘Blue’.

Levi my Velociraptor
tami2-albums-levi-picture18785-levi-enjoying-spring-day-may-4374-2-w.jpg

tami2-albums-misc-picture21651-jw-blue.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
**JUST FOR FUN**

tami2-albums-misc-picture21652-raptor-blue.jpg

After the Jurassic World gray Raptor named ‘Blue’.

Levi my Velociraptor
tami2-albums-levi-picture18785-levi-enjoying-spring-day-may-4374-2-w.jpg

tami2-albums-misc-picture21651-jw-blue.jpg

This cracked me up, it looks like Levi is saying,"Who, me?"

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Blue was my favorite Jurassic Park character, loved that guy! Great comparison pics, who knew African Greys and velociraptors had so much in common? Tami, that photo of Levi is breathtaking!

Come on folks, the month is half over, we need more entries!

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Just for fun because it's a video, Jacob was all excited and when he's excited he's a T-Rex. I needed to squeeze by near him to open the window. What you don't see is how small of a path it is to the window as there is a chair there with a plexi glass beside it so Jacob doesn't jump on the chair.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zAVvKI8RMU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zAVvKI8RMU[/ame]

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Blue was my favorite Jurassic Park character, loved that guy! Great comparison pics, who knew African Greys and velociraptors had so much in common? Tami, that photo of Levi is breathtaking!

Thank you so much Allee. :heart:

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Just for fun because it's a video, Jacob was all excited and when he's excited he's a T-Rex. I needed to squeeze by near him to open the window. What you don't see is how small of a path it is to the window as there is a chair there with a plexi glass beside it so Jacob doesn't jump on the chair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zAVvKI8RMU

Thank you for posting Jacob’s hilarious video! Glad you survived, your T-Rex was stalking you pretty aggressively. Still laughing at Jacob, from a great distance of course!

Thank you so much Allee. :heart:

Your lovely photography is always welcome, Tami!

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
I got Jacob a T-Rex toy and I am changing my official entry to this picture, I call it T-rex vs T-rex.
dFRXpYP.jpg

Here is the video I took just for fun:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QXnHN0ARBQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QXnHN0ARBQ[/ame]

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

hannah7733

Aug 20, 2019
Norwich, UK
Parrots
Budgies (Puff, Peewee, Pixel and Poochie), Cockatiels (Pippy, Poppy and Petra), Kakariki (Pikachu RIP)
Puff the Velociraptor standing her ground against the giant fluffy beast

22895d1566311477-august-potm-contest-mov_0236_000001.jpg

MOV_0236_000001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts