belated introduction!

Kitty

Apr 10, 2012
Birmingham. UK
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to this forum but I didn't post in the "New members welcome" section when I joined so I thought I'd make up for it now!

I have lots of different birds and all but one live outside in my custom built aviary.

My aviary is large and filled with beautiful non toxic trees and plants. It also has natural perches, foraging toys, tree stumps and hiding places. There's a large section of the aviary roof that's covered with clear perspex to let in sunshine in the summer and keep the rain and snow out in the winter. If you don't have an aviary, think about making one, my birds love it! :)

I used to be a veterinary assistant but most of my training involved cats and dogs. I love birds and want to know more about them, that's why I joined this forum!

I'd like to say a big thank you to all the people on this forum who have helped me and answered my silly questions over the last few months! It's been really interesting talking to people who have first hand experience with some of the most beautiful and intelligent creatures on earth.

You've all been a big help and I hope I haven't done your heads in!

Kitty

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Hi Kitty,

Dont worry, you haven;t done our heads in LOL.. Thats what we are here for, to give each other advice:)

Are you still thinking of getting a Cockatoo?

OP
Kitty

Kitty

Apr 10, 2012
Birmingham. UK
Hey Wenz2712

I went to see some baby cockatoos but I much preferred the idea of getting a rescue. I managed to find a rescue centre that were looking to re home a few of their toos. Sadly most of the toos were frightened of males and seeing as I live with my partner I didn't think I could provide them with a suitable home.

Whilst looking through the rescue centres I managed to find a corvid looking very sorry for himself. I asked the rescue centre about the poor little thing and mentioned I had a permit to handle birds native to the UK from my veterinary training. within a few days I had a travel cage in my hands and I was taking the corvid home.

He may not be the exotic, colourful, beautiful Cockatoo or parrot I was originally after, but I'm very happy with him and I have no intentions of getting any other indoor birds during his lifetime that will distract my attention from him :heart:

Most Reactions