Biggest mistake of my life...or best thing I've ever done.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
New movies time.....

[ame="https://youtu.be/b-VruT-Oqxo"]clark gets used to baby brother/sister - YouTube[/ame]

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I'm impress my own self....

First off the new guy was picking the fights....then clark I guess achieved dominance, he's about 2 1/2 to 3 years older and stronger and more coordinated, and was doing some dominating moves like putting his foot on the new guy. Then they just sort of worked it out....I guess clark won the pecking order battle without and harm done to either of them, now they just chill more or less....every once and a while theres a squak but I just put my hand up and they stop. I'm not going to house them together yet unattended but later I'm going to see if they can share a cage while I read and watch. Clark really doesn't need a cage and rarely uses it except for me sleeping so I don't expect territorial issues. If I have to buy anouther cage, no biggie, I have plenty of toys to populate both.

The biggest thing was how fast all the bonding happened. Not only is the new guy bonded to me and loves snuggleing, but is getting along with clark. And is eating and playing...I don't see any real stress indicators...

I did get one or two bites (from both) the first couple times I broke them up, but even that is over with.

:gcc: + :gcc:

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
I should take a photo of my Alienware laptop...it's not pretty. My fault for not shutting it. Luckily a replacement keyboard is only $80, lol. They are cute, but man are they sneaky.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
so yeah, worst mistake ever...they both just tag teamed me and took ALL the pizza.

There will be no easy living after this.....the dinosaurs have won.My keyboard is destroyed and all my foods are gone.

Attachments

• 20181224_094740 (2).jpg
    20181224_094740 (2).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 101

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Shoulders are for sharing.... looks as if they've worked out the early rivalries and will likely become great conspirators. First your pizza, then.....?!

Glad you and Clark have a new buddy! Guess naming the new bird "Kent" is out of the question?!

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
It's best to just surrender the house to them now, fighting it just makes it harder on you...I say this with a Green Cheek on one shoulder, a Quaker on the other, a Cockatiel perched upon my laptop screen, and a Senegal overseeing his kingdom from atop his cage...If you've never seen Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds", I highly recommend it.

I bought a $2,000 gaming laptop and it lasted literally, literally 2 hours after it was shipped and taken out of the box. They don't just pop-out the keys, oh no! They remove the plastic pieces underneath that hold them in and the little plastic tabs they snap-into, as if to say "Let's make sure that those keys can NEVER be snapped back in! Mwah ha ha!"...

Last edited:

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Shoulders are for sharing.... looks as if they've worked out the early rivalries and will likely become great conspirators. First your pizza, then.....?!

Glad you and Clark have a new buddy! Guess naming the new bird "Kent" is out of the question?!

"Lois" if it's a girl? Perhaps "Vicki Vale"? "Poison Ivy"?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Sorry I'm late to this party! Congratulations! Super cute new family member! Already a dynamic duo, these two, aaaand you are now outnumbered, don't surrender control until you have to, that will probably happen soon enough.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
I am leaning towards "eve of destruction" atm ;)
but the other picture of them together was soo sweet!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
That's too funny!!! I eat with a bird balanced on the fork and one on the plate and one on my head, your skill level will improve lol!

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
Sun t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ C̶o̶n̶u̶r̶e̶ terrorist Cytrynka (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fiona (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fionek (M)
I wish I'd make the same "mistake" some time.. Because I believe - what can be the only thing better than a Conure? Two Conures!

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
more progress, we've had our first bath just now....

crap forgot to process the images through windows before posted....

Attachments

• 20181226_055431.jpg
    20181226_055431.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 20181226_055556.jpg
    20181226_055556.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20181226_055635.jpg
    20181226_055635.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Oh also I've been using Zod as a placeholder (it kinda fits there's still some jostling, but minor, no squeeking), but I'm going to see the vet today/tomorrow if I can get in and I'll have the new one sexed.

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
Sun t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ C̶o̶n̶u̶r̶e̶ terrorist Cytrynka (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fiona (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fionek (M)
Zod seems a good name - unique, bold and good sounding :) What else to want?.. :)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I like Zod, great see them getting along so well, glad you are all so Happ! What a way to wrap up 2018!

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
No appointments this week, (vacations and stuff) I have a 9:30 AM monday for two checkups and one sexing.

OOOOO
I need to update my profie! I just noticed!!!!

:gcc: + :gcc:

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
new video; Zods first outing....he got all up on two different wiminz....(not shown)

[ame="https://youtu.be/s9Jx18us-9M"]Have conures will travel - YouTube[/ame]

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
I've been so busy and just saw this. I'm sooooooooo happy for you guys! We just added a 4th to the flock too so I'm in the same boat. I also did a tragically bad job at quarantining North from the flock but I did an all clear from the vet yesterday so lucky us! Congratulations!

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
Zod is so cute and I’m glad they like each other!! However you say that Zod is a black capped conure in your profile but I think he’s a normal GCC :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts