Bird Artists, Bird Art!

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
Oh btw, I'm a bird artist too, and here's a sample of my work.
0IUvlrM.jpg

Wow! Really lovely. It looks as if the bird is ready to fly out and explore the vast horizon.

cheers

Avin

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Thank you! Buttttttt...

That is not my work... it's a shameless stealing of a famous illustration, reproduced and made slanderous by my husband (and RivalOfTheRickeybird)!! Pretty funny, though! He and the Rickeybird are indeed rivals for my affections. I refuse to support the deportation of the Patagonian, though! Maybe I should investigate the deportation of my ol' man back to Ireland!!!!!!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Gail, that lovely portrait of Charlie brought tears to my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Thank you, Inger. Memorial portraits are a huge responsibility, and I admit I'm grateful for praise and reassurance that I 'got it right'. :)

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
People have long asked me if I have portrayed the Rickeybrd. Nope. Probably because he doesn't have PayPal.

But at last, here he is. With a twist.

His favorite toy (made by our own Terry57... and then chewed half to bits by the Rb) is detachable, using a dab of non-drying craft adhesive.
I neglected to crop the second photo so that you can see my toes, which I thought was a nice professional touch.

wSIqwXr.jpg

HSSDkQb.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
People have long asked me if I have portrayed the Rickeybrd. Nope. Probably because he doesn't have PayPal.

His favorite toy (made by our own Terry57... and then chewed half to bits by the Rb) is detachable, using a dab of non-drying craft adhesive.
I neglected to crop the second photo so that you can see my toes, which I thought was a nice professional touch.

wSIqwXr.jpg

HSSDkQb.jpg

The prodigal homewrecker returns! I wondered where she went.
Love this!!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
I want to explain the "Homewrecker" thing.

A while back, Terry made a little wiffle ball toy for the Rb. It had beads, straws, cords, paper, all kinds of stuff. It was the Faberge Egg of all wiffle toys.

The Rb didn't care for it, of course, much preferring other toys she had made. Then one day he set upon it with great passion, and destroyed just about everything except for a few "corn row" strings. Suddenly, after his 'makeover", it became the most desirable toy he had ever seen. He fed it, courted it, romanced it... the works... and I do mean the WORKS! He began charging me when I approached it, and lost interest in all other toys, including me.

So I impounded that HOMEWRECKER and actually sent it back to Terry, who then threatened to send it back to ME. No small matter (Canada/America postage). This has become a running joke, so I couldn't resist providing a detachable HOMEWRECKER in his portrait!

This is actually the first portrait I've ever done for myself.
Of course, my ol'man (Rival of the Rickeybird) is urging me to sell it, or if need be, PAY somebody to take it.
Grrr.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
As always, I'm floored by your artwork! RB looks like he's literally flying off the page, glorious home wrecker in tow. Beautiful, Abigail! And having been privy to that joke for a while now, rather hilarious!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
This is my life, Ms. Sidechick!

TiredOldMan

Apr 24, 2018
Media
South Central Texas
Parrots
CAG Hen-Gracie age unknown, U2 Rooster-Anakin 13YO

wSIqwXr.jpg

HSSDkQb.jpg

I couldn't believe it when I saw it in your store! You can't sell that. I thought you did that for yourself?

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Oh wow! You really are good at this!
(went though this entire topic at once)

You and rival really made me laugh, nice dynamics there!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots

wSIqwXr.jpg

HSSDkQb.jpg

I couldn't believe it when I saw it in your store! You can't sell that. I thought you did that for yourself?

Okay, I'm busted!
I am keeping it... I just put it in my store to show another example of portraits.
So busted!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Thank you, Christa!
And thanks for looking.

Yes, the Rival and the Rb. Two ill-behaved roosters in the same hen-house. Nothing but trouble.

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
I have a great idea. Now that we have a painting to remember him by, the bird can go back to Patagonia to reunite with his ancestors.

TiredOldMan

Apr 24, 2018
Media
South Central Texas
Parrots
CAG Hen-Gracie age unknown, U2 Rooster-Anakin 13YO

wSIqwXr.jpg

HSSDkQb.jpg

Okay, I'm busted!
I am keeping it... I just put it in my store to show another example of portraits.
So busted!

Thank you I feel like all is okay in the world now:D

I'm sorry I didn't understand you were just showing it. I was trying to figure out where I could get the extra cash.:eek:

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Forgive the vanity, butttt...

Since I closed out my Supporting Vendor Account, I wanted to have a good sampling of bird portraits in this original thread, so that I can give interested inquirers a link here. These are some recent portraits for which I can definitely recall getting parronts' permission to share in my galleries.

x0lDv5W.png

VuOsvtF.png

1OGeN8X.jpg

oK6KDMN.jpg

9oaSXW0.png

jtNFiZL.png

g5B6EOE.png

And of course, The Rickeybird still has his 'ART' in my eBay Store.

Most Reactions

Latest posts