Blue Quaker

saiyixuy

Aug 24, 2011
I am thinking of getting another baby quaker, he or she is going to be Blue, anyone out there ever heard that they are harder to take care of, or require extra care? I would really like some input on this, he or she will cost more than the green color and I don't want to invest a lot more money into another one if he could just kill over....I would die if something happened to the baby I have now, I love her to pieces and I want to make sure I am doing the right thing!!!

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
KITTY: Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (2 year old)
BODE: Nanday Conure (5 years old)
KIWI & BLUE: English Budgerigars (RIP after 10 years)
I don't know the answer to the question about the special diet. I hope someone can help you there; however, rarely will a bird on a recommended healthy diet just 'keel over.' You are more capable than you think, I bet ;)!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
The care and feeding is not different from any other parrot. The breeders seem to charge about double for the blue ones. I have seen the prices about $400.

Birds

Sep 24, 2011
im pretty sure the care is about the same . when i got my green quaker the breeder had a blue one and was asking 250 dollars

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
No special care needed for a blue QP. Aside from the color and the price, there's really little difference between a blue Quaker and a green one. Properly cared for, a blue QP should have the same lifespan as a green Quaker.

Bengara

Oct 18, 2011
Media
Omro, WI
Parrots
Zebra finches, society finches,button quail, green cheek conure, sun conure, quaker parrot, Congo greys, double yellow amazon, orangewing amazons and lovebird
Blue is just a color nothing special

jjj

Oct 28, 2011
When I went looking for birds there were two shades of blue. My girl who is blue and turquoise was $100 more than green one and a baby blue and white birdie that was $200 more than the green one. They told me it was just the color difference but same maintenance.

frvryoung

Feb 16, 2012
illinois
Parrots
blue quaker
i have studied blue and green quakers blue quakers tend to be sweeter and have a great personality so do green but the blue are by far sweeter
as far as talking though the green tend to be better talkers so there really is a difference in the color i have talked to over 100 quaker owners and this seems to be the standard answer

Most Reactions