by this time tomorrow

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
Turquoise: Loquito (Little crazy) aka Loqui.
Cinnamon: Lila
I'll have my baby turquoise green cheek conure!! Just wanted to share my excitement, even tho I haven't been on this forum in a while. Eeeeeeeeee I can't waittt!! The breeder says he's really chill and cuddly and that he likes being on his back in your arms <3 i can't wait to meet him n see his pretty little face! Now excuse me while i jump around in the excitement :D.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Mel

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Very happy for you! Will be looking forward to seeing pictures!

OP
TurquoiseMel

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
Lol I'm already charging my camera! I take pictures of everything, I'll have the camera with me when I pick him up at the airport so no worries!

emilye2

Aug 13, 2011
NY
Parrots
Moxie-GC
Yay!! I was going to get a turquoise before Moxie fell in my lap. Can't wait to see pictures!

OP
TurquoiseMel

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
The breeders site is SomethingCheeky.com. They told me that all the turquoises babies they have right now look exactly like the ones on the site. Click available birds & babies & you can check em out or on their facebook pg there's a link to that on the sit as well. They're really quite blue, not really the greenish/blue I've normally seen in turquoises, but I guess I'll really find out when I see him coz pictures never do birds any justice, they're always waaaay prettier in person :D I'm so excited I can barely sleep !

OP
TurquoiseMel

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
HE'S HERE he's here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
& he's tiny
& he's a scardy cat lol.

But it's only day one. I don't wanna push him.

Pictures soon kay?
:D

OP
TurquoiseMel

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
Picturess! !!
So far he's been really scared of me. When I got him home from the airport I slowly reached in to take him out of the crate & out him into his cage. He didn't nip at me but he ran from my hand. I figured I didn't wanna stress him so I went to get get a towel to throw over him & move him that way. As I left my back turned to his crate he comes flying out! lol (or trying to anyway, his wings are clipped) & starts flustering about in my room.
The poor guy must have been terrified. Anyway I throw the towel over him and he lets out his first screech and I put him in his cage.
The whole nigh the was up against the wall scared of everything. He finally came down to eat around 9ish & after that I covered the cage & he fell asleep. I heard the little clicking of his beak it was so cute.

I dunno if I'm wrong or not but is this how a hand raised/ hand tamed bird should act? I know it's just the first day but should he be this scared of me or things moving around on the outside of his cage? & how can I make him feel more comfortable?

I'm going to be gone tomorrow from7-12 & then from 4-10 or 11 pm. I'm planning on leaving the radio or the tv on for him so he doesn't feel so alone.

turquoisemel-albums-my-turquoise-green-cheek-3-picture2605-a.jpg

turquoisemel-albums-my-turquoise-green-cheek-3-picture2603-a.jpg

turquoisemel-albums-my-turquoise-green-cheek-3-picture2606-a.jpg

Names!
This list goes: Kuro, Mumble, Silas, Halo, Soul, Marvel

I'm leaning towards Silas (Marvel & Kuro come in second). I've been calling him Silas in my head since before I got him, but I like all the other names too.

What do you guys think? Pick your favorite C:

-Mel

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
He is stunning. If you don't have one yet, get him a happy hut/sleep tent. Maxx loves his, he goes in there a couple times a day to take a nap, and climbs in at 8p for the evening.

OP
TurquoiseMel

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
Thank you!

& he had one in there that I made for him
(I took a 2ltr soda bottle & cut the top & bottom off so it was just a cylinder then folded/creased it at 5 corners to make a little housey like shape, then I covered it in a few layers of paper mache to make it stronger & able to hold his weight. After I sewed a sleeve for it and folded it back on itself to cover it completely inside & out but also make it easy to remove & throw in the wash when I need to.Then I attached it to a chain link to hang it from the cage :D )

But since he was so scared of everything when he came home I decided to take a few toys & things out of his cage including the happy hut coz I felt the amount of things in his cage made him feel a little clustered/ uncomfortable. He's warming up nicely tho I think on the one week mark I'll switch his toys around & put the happy hut back in C:

Most Reactions

Latest posts