Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I'd love to see all of your cage setups! tomorrow I am rearranging my poopy bird's cage and would love to use some setups for inspiration! afterwards, I will post a pic of his cage and you guys can rate it out of 10 or give some tips! thank you all in advance!

fl1ck

Jan 1, 2023
Parrots
African silver grey x2
I'd love to see all of your cage setups! tomorrow I am rearranging my poopy bird's cage and would love to use some setups for inspiration! afterwards, I will post a pic of his cage and you guys can rate it out of 10 or give some tips! thank you all in advance!
this is a twin cage with a partition in the middle of it

Attachments

• 20221201_090303.jpg
    20221201_090303.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 99

fl1ck

Jan 1, 2023
Parrots
African silver grey x2
I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU!!! I WANNA HAVE THAT CAGE BUT I AM... broke lmao
the shocking part is i got both the birds and the cage for nothing
the couple that had them were splitting up
so i said id have them and they gave them to me

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
the shocking part is i got both the birds and the cage for nothing
the couple that had them were splitting up
so i said id have them and they gave them to me
EVEN MORE JEALOUS

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
This cage combination came about because of the twins and plans not going smoothly.

My intention was to put the twins together in Bingo's cage and install Bingo into the dome top cage.
It turned out that Bingo didn't like the idea and it really wasn't fair to uproot him from a cage he has lived in for years.
And the Twins didn't work out in Bingo's cage cuz Merlin was spending too much time chasing Luna around and around.

The dome top cage was ok size wise for one smallish amazon but not two.
So I removed the right hand side bars of the small play top cage and zip tied it right up against the dome top cage. I zip tied the feeding door on the left side of the dome top cage t in the open position to allow access to the small cage.
This worked out perfectly.
Whenever Merlin would get to rowdy Luna could dash off to the other side for some peace and quiet.
Once or twice I had to close off access between cages and it was as simple as cutting the zip tie and closing the feeding door.

Merlin has mellowed some as he has gotten older and the Twins now get along just find but the cage setup remains the same.

dual cage.jpg

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
that is so neat!
This cage combination came about because of the twins and plans not going smoothly.

My intention was to put the twins together in Bingo's cage and install Bingo into the dome top cage.
It turned out that Bingo didn't like the idea and it really wasn't fair to uproot him from a cage he has lived in for years.
And the Twins didn't work out in Bingo's cage cuz Merlin was spending too much time chasing Luna around and around.

The dome top cage was ok size wise for one smallish amazon but not two.
So I removed the right hand side bars of the small play top cage and zip tied it right up against the dome top cage. I zip tied the feeding door on the left side of the dome top cage t in the open position to allow access to the small cage.
This worked out perfectly.
Whenever Merlin would get to rowdy Luna could dash off to the other side for some peace and quiet.
Once or twice I had to close off access between cages and it was as simple as cutting the zip tie and closing the feeding door.

Merlin has mellowed some as he has gotten older and the Twins now get along just find but the cage setup remains the same.

View attachment 47916
I would love to do this if I had another flighter and both had feeding doors (rico's doesn't and it makes rearanging SO annoying! I swear and sweat and get annoyed and sometimes go ooga booga mode and jump around on my bed like a dingnut) so I am now jealous of you too! AJERHEEHFDUDMI

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
A year ago I became fed up with being a slave to my vacuum cleaner (eight budgies in your main living area does that), and my asthma was getting worse. I am not allergic to birds but any irritants in the air don't help and budgies are dustier than people think. it was getting to the point where I was considering rehoming my beloved birdies when I found a company, Penzoni Display Company, with a primary business manufacturing plexiglas display cases for collectibles. The owners of the company are "parrot people" and saw a need for very high quality plexiglass bird cages that are spacious and have good air circulation for the birds' health. The smallest cage they make is 24x24x24 and they have two larger sizes for Amazon's and Mccaws. These cages are constructed of thick crystal clear acrylic panels that slide together snugly with a deep slide out bottom tray with grate, a removable top section, and a large hinged door. I purchased my first one well over a year ago and it was the most amazing bird habitat ever invented! The 24 inch cube has 82 pre-drilled 1/8" holes to attach perches, swings, toys and the included food and water cups. These 1/8" holes also allow for air circulation and here's where it really gets good- there's a three inch hole on the upper back panel with a built in exhaust fan that draws fresh room air into the cage through the 82 holes and vents of out the back. To prevent the fan from blowing bird dust back into the room I put a 8x8" square piece of the pre filter material from my Honeywell air purifiers onto the outside of the fan to catch any bird dust. My biggest concern at this point was that we all know much parrots need to climb and how would they climb up the smooth plexiglass when they are accustomed to having cage bars? So, I took apart some of my old bird cages and easily mounted panels of horizontal cage bars on the inside of the side and back acrylic panels so my budgies could climb around like usual. From there it was sheer bliss for me (no more bird mess) and two of my budgies, the first occupants, Rocky's Mama Lilibelle, and Daddy Buddy, loved their new home! A month later I purchased three more of the 24" cube size to house the rest of my flock, two budgies per cage. They are a breeze to clean, (vinegar and water solution), my floors are no longer covered in seed hulls and feathers and the air I breathe is much cleaner, as is the air my budgies breathe thanks to the exhaust fans and the filters. My birds no longer live "behind bars"- their view, and mine, is no longer obstructed by unsightly metal prison bars- they now have clear windows from which they watch the world outside their homes. Another added bonus is that the noise my FIDS make is muffled about 50% by the thick acrylic panels, which makes birds more palatable to loved ones and neighbors.
i realize this is an unconventional way to house parrots and I'm prepared to hear from the naysayers, but my birds are very happy and healthy (my CAV approves), and I only need to vacuum about twice a week now like a " normal" person! The amount of white bird dust that's caught on the Honeywell pre filter was surprising at first because I didn't think budgies were that dusty but they are! I vacuum the dust off the pre filters about once a week and my furniture is now also far less dusty. And they're BEAUTIFUL!
The ONLY drawback is the cost- each over $500, which didn't include a matching stand, so I used the stands from their conventional cages. The 36x24x24 Amazon size (wanted it BAD) Is about twice the price, and the huge Mccaw cage is about four times that. I looked long and hard for other less expensive alternatives but Penzoni is the ONLY company that makes US made spacious (all others were too small) acrylic cages designed specifically for a parrot's welfare that has the built in ventilation fan. Its obvious that the company took the idea of a mess proof acrylic bird cage very seriously. I talked to one of the owners after I bought the first cage and she shared with me why a display case manufacturer was making parrot cages and no other pet products. I can't be more happy with this product.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
A year ago I became fed up with being a slave to my vacuum cleaner (eight budgies in your main living area does that), and my asthma was getting worse. I am not allergic to birds but any irritants in the air don't help and budgies are dustier than people think. it was getting to the point where I was considering rehoming my beloved birdies when I found a company, Penzoni Display Company, with a primary business manufacturing plexiglas display cases for collectibles. The owners of the company are "parrot people" and saw a need for very high quality plexiglass bird cages that are spacious and have good air circulation for the birds' health. The smallest cage they make is 24x24x24 and they have two larger sizes for Amazon's and Mccaws. These cages are constructed of thick crystal clear acrylic panels that slide together snugly with a deep slide out bottom tray with grate, a removable top section, and a large hinged door. I purchased my first one well over a year ago and it was the most amazing bird habitat ever invented! The 24 inch cube has 82 pre-drilled 1/8" holes to attach perches, swings, toys and the included food and water cups. These 1/8" holes also allow for air circulation and here's where it really gets good- there's a three inch hole on the upper back panel with a built in exhaust fan that draws fresh room air into the cage through the 82 holes and vents of out the back. To prevent the fan from blowing bird dust back into the room I put a 8x8" square piece of the pre filter material from my Honeywell air purifiers onto the outside of the fan to catch any bird dust. My biggest concern at this point was that we all know much parrots need to climb and how would they climb up the smooth plexiglass when they are accustomed to having cage bars? So, I took apart some of my old bird cages and easily mounted panels of horizontal cage bars on the inside of the side and back acrylic panels so my budgies could climb around like usual. From there it was sheer bliss for me (no more bird mess) and two of my budgies, the first occupants, Rocky's Mama Lilibelle, and Daddy Buddy, loved their new home! A month later I purchased three more of the 24" cube size to house the rest of my flock, two budgies per cage. They are a breeze to clean, (vinegar and water solution), my floors are no longer covered in seed hulls and feathers and the air I breathe is much cleaner, as is the air my budgies breathe thanks to the exhaust fans and the filters. My birds no longer live "behind bars"- their view, and mine, is no longer obstructed by unsightly metal prison bars- they now have clear windows from which they watch the world outside their homes. Another added bonus is that the noise my FIDS make is muffled about 50% by the thick acrylic panels, which makes birds more palatable to loved ones and neighbors.
i realize this is an unconventional way to house parrots and I'm prepared to hear from the naysayers, but my birds are very happy and healthy (my CAV approves), and I only need to vacuum about twice a week now like a " normal" person! The amount of white bird dust that's caught on the Honeywell pre filter was surprising at first because I didn't think budgies were that dusty but they are! I vacuum the dust off the pre filters about once a week and my furniture is now also far less dusty. And they're BEAUTIFUL!
The ONLY drawback is the cost- each over $500, which didn't include a matching stand, so I used the stands from their conventional cages. The 36x24x24 Amazon size (wanted it BAD) Is about twice the price, and the huge Mccaw cage is about four times that. I looked long and hard for other less expensive alternatives but Penzoni is the ONLY company that makes US made spacious (all others were too small) acrylic cages designed specifically for a parrot's welfare that has the built in ventilation fan. Its obvious that the company took the idea of a mess proof acrylic bird cage very seriously. I talked to one of the owners after I bought the first cage and she shared with me why a display case manufacturer was making parrot cages and no other pet products. I can't be more happy with this product.
is this an ad? /j

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
is this an ad? /j
Only if my names Donna Pennzoni (I didn't even spell it right), but, alas, it isn't. 🙁. I just thought someone would like a "cage inspiration" idea (name of the thread, right?) that saved me from hoovering myself to death during an asthma attack! I've never read any discussions about "plexi cages" here. Sorry if I bored y'all.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I know someone in my state that uses all acrylic cages. They're really cool!! And so easy to clean.

RingneckRave

Aug 16, 2023
NSW, Australia
Parrots
Bluey - Indian ringneck
Sunny - Indian ringneck

Conny - Sun Conure (my sister's bird)
Soon to own a second sun conure
Have a peek through the photo reviews of elleandthebird's avian essentials kit, a lot of setups there are great examples to take inspiration from

Most Reactions

Latest posts