Cage replacement Ideas

careknet

Jun 2, 2020
WI
Parrots
St. Nicholas
AKA Nico
Hi there! We bought a used cage for our Eclectus and redid the entire thing. Sanded it, painted it, new stuff etc..(He has another one that was his that we bought brand new...but this one is bigger). Any way, I have no idea which brand and I cannot find one that looks just like it. I need to get new bowls, bowl holders (just came in with wheels, but they do no match the holes), tray, seed catcher and I thought just casters and wheels. I did not know that those were one and the same. lol I ordered caster wheels, but there are no legs to screw them into. Has anyone gotten legs for them or tried something else? I do not want it on the floor. Thank you so much for any ideas.

Cari and Niko.

Attachments

• 0460719A-B7CC-4B32-8B66-F300D133CBEE.jpg
    0460719A-B7CC-4B32-8B66-F300D133CBEE.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 89

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Could be A&E, HQ, Kings, California, or any other brand... some of them look exactly the same!

With the door, I'm thinking maybe A&E?

You can always see if one of the big companies is willing to sell replacement parts. I know Windy City Parrot has sometimes had replacement parts (universal ones) for cages.

You may just need to find new bowls and holders for the cage though - either stainless steel or perhaps ceramic? Many stores sell them as a set.

That cage would have had small legs due to the size of it... there's a possibility you might be able to find wheels/castors that fit into the holes already there for the legs? Not sure. They don't always "screw" in... sometimes they are literally just "plugged" into the holes, for lack of a better term. They just pop out with some force.

If you want it higher up off the ground than just what wheels would provide, then you may want to consider either making or buying a stand for it. Wood is easy, but if you know someone who works with metal, they might be able to either make something or give it some legs. Type of metal or wood used would, of course, need to be taken into consideration for the bird's safety.

Most Reactions