Can finally show Hendrik, my B&G

MacawSA

Jun 15, 2011
South Africa
Parrots
Blue&Gold Macaw
Hi everyone!

I've been wanting to post some pics of Hendrik my 17 week old Macaw.

He is a true fun bird to have!! Not loud.. well until 6pm evenings when he wants his baby food!!

He is very lively and listens well LOL. if you say no he understands but has this funny way of nibbling his foot and wham he is bach to chewing what he shouldn't LOL I love it!!

I had a situation the previous 2 weeks when he didn't want any baby food, his crop would be empty but still doesn't wanna eat. I got very worried but couldn't take him to a vet because it's too far and it's been too hectic. Finally it stopped and now he is back to normal, I think it was too busy for him, started to take him to quieter places.

I'm going to the vet later this week because I'm worried about him sneezing quite often, usually after eating or after ruffling his feathers, and sometimes it just happens. He is far sitting still though, his toys gets chewed alot haha climbing in and out the cage often, throwing his food around and making baby sounds untill you give attention. he loves his tickles, almos fall over when you tickle him.

Loves to chew my fincers but never hurting me. My parents loves him alot too and joins in on feedin time and tickles so he is a family bird:D

Well here is a few fics of him, still young with alot of fluffyness

in one pic he looks too quiet I know but at the moment it is winter here and quite cold.

Sorry he started flapping when I took the pic so it's a bit cut off but still I think a Nice pic

Look who is giving me the eye:p

I hope he looks fine for all the bird fanatics LOL Please tell me what you all think

Cheers
Corne

(next time shorter post, promise:54:)

OP
M

MacawSA

Jun 15, 2011
South Africa
Parrots
Blue&Gold Macaw
Thanks alot:D

for some reason a Macaw gives you something other birds can't, I love em!!

cheers
Corne

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Very sweet, I played w/baby b&g's a couple of months ago. They were so fun. I bet you just love her.

OP
M

MacawSA

Jun 15, 2011
South Africa
Parrots
Blue&Gold Macaw
I'n not yet sure if it's a male or a female so im still holding thumbs for a male:) (DNA TEST) They are a little bit easier than females? Anyway by now I don't care LOL, yes I love this bird to bits, staying in my room in the cage sleeping at the moment:)

Cheers
Corne

Most Reactions