can't decide :/

kalypso123

Aug 16, 2014
Media
Tallahassee, Florida
Parrots
Cockatiel- Kalypso
Caiques sound like a good match for you. Caiques are very spunky and full of personality. I have never owned one but Macaws, Caiques, and Conures are often compared personality wise.

OP
SkitzChik

SkitzChik

Dec 15, 2014
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiel
Thank you all!! I have narrowed my choices to GC conure, cockatiel, caques or galah. I just have to see what our local bird guy has available! He just got in quite a few hand raised feather babies and I'm going to go look at them next Tuesday and see if one just jumps out at me or picks me!!
You never know, I may end up with a breed not even mentioned [emoji14] but I have called him and he has all the types of birds I just mentioned its just a matter of going and being chosen [emoji14]

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
You never know, I may end up with a breed not even mentioned [emoji14] but I have called him and he has all the types of birds I just mentioned its just a matter of going and being chosen [emoji14]

Specie. :) There are dog 'breeds' and bird 'species'. ;)

OP
SkitzChik

SkitzChik

Dec 15, 2014
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiel
I decided to get another cockatiel :D I got him about half hour ago and love him! Just thought I'd share with you guys!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419377902945.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419377902945.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 91

kimn818

Apr 23, 2014
North Hollywood, CA
Parrots
Loco- Male YellowSided GCC
Peepsie- Female Parakeet
Tweety- Male Parakeet
aww congrats!! I am currently in the process of adopting a cockatiel, either for my sister of myself! Have you decided on a name?

OP
SkitzChik

SkitzChik

Dec 15, 2014
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiel
Not yet :) I can't decide.. I don't like ridiculously common/corny names but it can't be to crazy [emoji14] I hope your adoption goes well :D

kimn818

Apr 23, 2014
North Hollywood, CA
Parrots
Loco- Male YellowSided GCC
Peepsie- Female Parakeet
Tweety- Male Parakeet
Thanks! The plan is for me to pick him up (his name is Chong) on Saturday! He's so cute! My sister will be his owner though as she has experience with 'tiels. I am excited though!

Best of luck with the naming process, cant wait to hear what you decide!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Aw congrats!!! Cockatiels are the best! :D I cant wait to see more pictures of him! :)

Most Reactions