Cat bites

OP
Avathealien

Avathealien

Sep 8, 2017
Canada Quebec
Parrots
Nova the GCC
He did was better tonight ... He ate a lot, drank a lot, played with my earring .. but still tired.

OP
Avathealien

Avathealien

Sep 8, 2017
Canada Quebec
Parrots
Nova the GCC
Its 1 am and Nova seems fine. Still a lot tired but his heartbeat is better.. this afternoon I could felt them over the little blanket he has but now he is back to normal. Is it possible his medications did make his heartbeat faster?

Is it normal?

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Sorry only the AV will be able to say for sure. Anything that looks life threatening and you should be straight back there.

Please don't gain false hope just yet Nova still has a long way to go until it is possible to say he will be alright. Remember that birds are masters in the art of deception when it comes to illness, in fact you just think they are going to be OK as they rally some and then just go.

Might be better with the eating and drinking if you can try and achieve little and often. Ensure he stays warm but not hot.

Last edited:
OP
Avathealien

Avathealien

Sep 8, 2017
Canada Quebec
Parrots
Nova the GCC
I know ��...

It's terrible .. I check on him every hour. I'm.doing the best I can do and I forgot to answer this , no I don't know if it's a certified avian vet but she is my last hope on this .. I called every single vets and she was the only one wanting to meet him . Imma keep you updated .. and again thank you so much for your replies.. my heart hurts

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Where are you located in the World?

(I am sorry if I seem harsh, this was avoidable. It is upsetting to me to read also. We are getting too many accidents lately leading to the early demise of an innocent parrot. We take them into our homes and have a duty of care to keep them safe!)

Last edited:
OP
Avathealien

Avathealien

Sep 8, 2017
Canada Quebec
Parrots
Nova the GCC
I'm in quebec, Canada .. it's ok I'm also mad at myself ..

Update : it's 5 am and his poop is totally ok, I offered him some food and he ate a lot without closing his eyesand drank so imma continue the antibiotics and painkillers but at least he is in a better shape than yesterday.

So I guess it's going in the good way. He even said " Cuckoo" to me

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
It might be a good idea to have a basic blood panel to check for irregularities. Metacam and Baytril don't normally negatively affect the heart, so it is hard to know whether this was a fluke or sign of infection.

OP
Avathealien

Avathealien

Sep 8, 2017
Canada Quebec
Parrots
Nova the GCC
Hi everyone!

Nova is doing good!! He is almost as happy as before ! Eats a lot, drinks and plays but his right wing hurts still. We still giving him his antibiotics and painkillers everyday. He speaks too .

I'm so relieved.. it's gonna make 72 hours tonight and he is still with us . :gcc:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Thanks for a great update, may the progress continue!!

I would still check with the vet to see if a blood panel is necessary. Perhaps not, but cats bacteria is so toxic, you don't want a bird's normal defense mechanism to overshadow a potential massive infection.

OP
Avathealien

Avathealien

Sep 8, 2017
Canada Quebec
Parrots
Nova the GCC
Yeah I ask for it but she told me that a blood test can stress him a lot so to take it only if things go bad in a couple of days even with the antibiotics .. Cause now he seems to go really better so I'm gonna wait a bit and continue the good care.

I'd love to have another vet opinion tho but there's none ..

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
it's good to hear he is doing better. A lesson well and truly learnt I hope.

when he's got his strength up and goes back for blood work ask for an Xray if you haven't had one. He could easily have some broken bones which won't be nice

some extra seeds right now to give him some comfort I think, it'll help him get some more energy and make him feel a bit better

OP
Avathealien

Avathealien

Sep 8, 2017
Canada Quebec
Parrots
Nova the GCC
Oh yeah such a lesson ..

Today he took a bath , sang , climbed curtains and basically he is alright . I'm so happy my baby isn't dead.

I'm going to sleep a bit better tonight . Thank you to every single thoughts you guys had for Nova , I appreciated it so much . I can't tell you enough how much I love this little guy.

:gcc::40:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Seems he is recovering nicely, just keep a close watch to ensure all remains well!!

Most Reactions