Chirping /squaking

Louie

Mar 19, 2012
Hello, just had a question. I just got my green cheek pineapple about a week ago. He's 3 months old. I was just wondering if it's normal for him to chirp/squak pretty much 24/7? Is it just because he is young and he will eventually grow out of it or? He chirps/squaks when he eats/plays/when he's being held and sometimes when he sleeps. Thanks for any info!

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
I just rescued & re-homed a pineapple GCC, and he was one of the chattiest little conures I ever had. Didn't squawk alot, or scream, just an almost constant chatter. He was very withdrawn when I first got him. But, once he became comfortable, he was a loveable twittering angel. Even twittered in his sleep!

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Some birds are just very talkative!

Does it seem like he is distressed or content? If he seems distressed, it could be from the move, or there could be something else bothering him that you might have to decode.

If he seems happy, then I wouldn't worry about it! If it's bothering you, you could start teaching him softer, more pleasant noises, and encourage when he makes noises you like. Birds also seem to react to their environment, so if the household is noisier, the bird will be noisier too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts