Choices

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Well, dang, I'm late to this party, but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the stores and updates (and that photo), and most of all, the happy ending.

I love Nandays! They look a lot like little Patagonians, to me! Like the Rbird's little brother!

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Glad you're enjoying our blog! Feel free to comment in the actual blog with questions or concerns. I really don't mind. If I were you I'd stick with one bird for a while until you really feel ready for the 2nd bird because it's not for everyone especially if you have a more difficult bird 1st. Finley my Nanday is like a lot more difficult than my 1st bird Ollie. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
OP
E

EKSM

May 2, 2018
Parrots
Candy - blue & yellow parakeet
Theo - GCC
Ruby - GCC
Nanday - soon!
Haha! It's like what they say about kids...the first is always sweet so that most people will have second one and keep the human race going.

I, however, didn't have a second one, and I haven't felt the need for 2 birds at once yet either. Even though I think I got lucky in the kid and bird lottery :)

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Oh I did not realize you had a GCC and budgie already! My bad...guess this is your second seriously serious bird (sorry budgies). My Nanday was a total wreck today btw...just...wow. I had to pry him off me (while he was freaking out and biting) with the TV remote. He doesn't like the remote and took one look and unhinged himself from my shoulder. I have no idea what his deal was today but yesterday he was awesome and such a sweetheart. Lol who knows... bipolar... monster...but kisses me goodnight like nothing happened...

edsbeaker

Sep 24, 2014
Avon IN
Parrots
Kaiya the Yellow Sided GCC
Keiko the High Red Yellow Sided GCC
I absolutely loved reading this thread. It validated my decision on rethinking which bird I chose, as well. Have a long loving life with your new Nanday.

OP
E

EKSM

May 2, 2018
Parrots
Theo - GCC
Ruby - GCC
Nanday - soon!
You too, Marilyn. Glad I could help and I look forward to embarking on this new birdie journey with you on here (mine is coming home after a July vacay, as well!)

edsbeaker

Sep 24, 2014
Avon IN
Parrots
Kaiya the Yellow Sided GCC
Keiko the High Red Yellow Sided GCC
You too, Marilyn. Glad I could help and I look forward to embarking on this new birdie journey with you on here (mine is coming home after a July vacay, as well!)

Wow, that is a coincidence!

OP
E

EKSM

May 2, 2018
Parrots
Theo - GCC
Ruby - GCC
Nanday - soon!
Bump! I'm sure I should wait to post more picts until he's home with an official introduction thread, but since we haven't picked a name yet, I can't. Ha!

Here are two more of our cuddly boy from a few days ago, making sure my daughter's neck doesn't get too cold ; )

Attachments

• IMG_7781 2.jpg
    IMG_7781 2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7782.jpg
    IMG_7782.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 74

Most Reactions