chowing down..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
..he loves zupreem fruit blend,and his millet of course. I still can't get him to try his veggies or fruits :( I have gone as far as counting the "pieces" of corn or peas..piece of orange or strawberry..I don't know if he just picks at them or not..I can't seem to catch him in the act!

Jim

Last edited:

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
..he loves zupreem fruit blend,and his millet of course. I still can't get him to try his veggies or fruits :( I have gone as far as counting the "pieces" of corn or peas..piece of orange or strawberry..I don't know if he just picks at them or not..I can't seem to catch him in the act!

Jim

Super cute, love it! We both have new tiels :) Have you tried giving him sprouts? I buy seeds and sprout them for a couple of days... maybe you get lucky with sprouts? I am sprouting some now hoping my new tiel will eat them...

TexasWade

Mar 13, 2016
Denton Tx
Parrots
Mumble Quaker, hatched 5/25/16
Dusty likes the Zupreem fruit blend too, especially the red ones!. He does like his crunchies and pretty much avoids any squishies. So far I've found that he likes chia seeds a lot and could care less about any kind of fresh veggies except for carrots which seem to frighten him, haha.

I made a birdy corn bread that he really seems to enjoy and to my surprise, I think I saw him eat a little of the Worldly Cuisines Creamy Zen cooked bird food I made for him. It's kind of squishy with a lot of sticky rice in it so I expected him to avoid it completely.

Here's Dusty's taste test list so far as much as I can remember in case you want to compare tiel food preferences:

Sweet potato - hmm... pass I guess
peas - nah
corn - hu-uh
popcorn - mmm, no
broccoli - pass
cauliflower - it's food? doubt it
kale - that thing is kind of in my way
carrot - take it away!
sesame seeds - not excited about it
quinoa - eh, it's ok I guess
nutriberries - it's supposed to be a toy, right?
dry oatmeal - hmm, kind of like paper but not as fun
Roudybush pellets - nice and crunchy
Chia seeds - nice tiny things, I like it!
cockatiel seed mix - yum yum, good old comfort food
birdy corn bread - Oh yeah, I like dad's cooking! ;)
millet - hey, that's not bad!

paper or balsa wood - GIMME THAT

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts