MissMistie

Jul 12, 2017
Media
Marysville, Wa
Parrots
Max ~ IRN
Chuckie ~ Yellow Naped Amazon
Jinx ~ Quaker
I've been on vacation for a few days now, and the first day of my vacation I went to visit my mom. She had just recently had her maple tree trimmed and saved me a bunch of the branches. So I brought a few of them home and decided to try building my own big perch for the birds. It is my first attempt, so it's not the best looking thing I have ever made, but Chuckie and Jinx both really enjoy it. So Here are a few pictures of Chuckie hanging out. He hasn't left the perch in over an hour. He is currently taking a nap on it after exploring the whole thing and chewing on all the toys on it.
100_2165.jpg

100_2152.jpg

100_2180.jpg

100_2182.jpg

100_2177.jpg

Last edited:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Nice job! Looks like Chaz thinks so too ;)

Jim

Notdumasilook

Jul 28, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon, Cookie..Sun Conure..lil Booger (RIP) Have owned Parakeets, lovebirds, cockatiels, cockatoos, pocket parrot, and quakers.
Great job. I got tired of buying perches years ago myself. I have a big ole pecan tree in my back yard. Started making all of my birdies perches, all diff size and contours. Home Depot is right up the street and they have a great selection of the threaded studs, flat washers, and wingnuts. My birdies seem to appreciate my handiwork. Natural wood perchs are lots better for lil birdie feet than pvc or wooden dowels. Your bird will love ya more for it too!!.

Most Reactions

Latest posts