Conure Clothes-Chewing??

_Cass_

Mar 4, 2010
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Toulouse- Cinnamon Green Cheeked Conure
So, Toulouse has began and interest in chewing my clothes. I have tried to discourage this behavior but she just WON'T STOP! lol

Anyone have any ideas? I don't know if my clothes can take it anymore!theres a whole lotta holes in my shirt. :p

Thanks,

-Cass

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
Paulie will put giant chunks in my dad's shirts if my dad gets too close to the cage, we just try to reserve some shirts and things as birdy clothes for when we're going to be home all day with the birds. or you can drape a towl around your shoulders for short periods of time. Most of the time they are just fascinated with our "feathers" and want to return some of those scritches we give them. :)

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
I always wear an old T-shirt over my nice clothing, seems to do the trick. If I'm about to leave somewhere and I'm in hurry to give them attention before I go, I drape a towel over my shoulders.

Hope this helps.

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
I have a dresser full of shirts that look like I was shot by a shotgun. And these are the GOOD ones! I throw them away when they look like fish-net.

OP
_Cass_

_Cass_

Mar 4, 2010
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Toulouse- Cinnamon Green Cheeked Conure
Hahah thanks for the advice ;) ill reserve some shirts for when I take her out bon my shoulders

KJS

Jul 5, 2008
Las Vegas
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure named Kiwi
I've been wearing old sweat shirts.......not only for the chewing, but for the picking and biting on my arms!! She gnawed holes in a pair of sweat pants at the knees and tore apart shoes laces on my tennis shoes too. Kiwi is VERY oral.

peter11

Aug 26, 2010
hi i read your post and i found that it was teribble with you what didi you tell and thus i think you should buy plus size clothes these are well tough and the fabric is so good taht know parrot or any other animal can tear it try the
Plus size mens clothing it will prove that it gives good quality of fabrics
hope you will like my post
thanks

Most Reactions

Latest posts