Cosmo health update (we went to the vet)

cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
Hey all!
Cosmo is going to be fine. He is still droopy and inactive, but we went to the vet.
He wasn't scared at all, my friendly lil boyo!! She gave him vitamins and antibiotics, also told us to get him a lamp above his cage to keep him warm and to give him eyedrops and lemon drops.
I am still very scared because I don't know why he got sick, so I hope he isn't fragile. She mentioned that his breathing is off, and asked me if there were any drafts in the house.
I will be extra careful with the AC and windows from now on!
I feel so much better, I hope his condition gets better tomorrow!
Thank you all so much for the support!
<3
-I

Last edited:

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hey all!
Cosmo is going to be fine. He is still droopy and inactive, but we went to the vet.
He wasn't scared at all, my friendly lil boyo!! She gave him vitamins and antibiotics, also told us to get him a lamp above his cage to keep him warm and to give him eyedrops and lemon drops.
I am still very scared because I don't know why he got sick, so I hope he isn't fragile. She mentioned that his breathing is off, and asked me if there were any drafts in the house.
I will be extra careful with the AC and windows from now on!
I feel so much better, I hope his condition gets better tomorrow!
Thank you all so much for the support!
<3
-I
Any drafts in the house... Really
I think that's clutching at straws a bit.
In the wild a bird perches and sleeps in a tree where there is always a draft so I don't understand that reasoning.
Sometimes we just don't know why a bird or we get sick.
Hope your bird recovers from its illness

OP
cosmothebirb

cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
Any drafts in the house... Really
I think that's clutching at straws a bit.
In the wild a bird perches and sleeps in a tree where there is always a draft so I don't understand that reasoning.
Sometimes we just don't know why a bird or we get sick.
Hope your bird recovers from its illness
Probably just me being paranoid and trying to find a reason why he is sick to prevent it from happening again.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Probably just me being paranoid and trying to find a reason why he is sick to prevent it from happening again.
It's only natural to try and find a reason and there is a vague line between being paranoid and being careful. Better be on the safe side and do whatever you can to keep it safe and healthy

Most Reactions