D2 hates my nails but is fine with my moms?

iamdomain123

Jul 14, 2015
I just painted the nails on my left hand black, and my mom has her nails painted black on both hands. This is the first time I've painted my nails, I'm a male and I like the look. My D2 is my bird, has been with me since April, I believe he trusts me, but he absolutely HATES my black nails on my left hand, but doesn't mind being petted with my unpainted right hand. My mom just went to go pet him and her nails are painted black, and he doesn't care at all. What do I do? I know that taking the black off would fix this but I enjoy the look and I believe I have a right to look however and still maintain a loving relationship with my bird.

Advice?

Last edited:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Toos like to micromanage when it comes to their favorite human's appearance. My U2 throws a hissy fit when I have wet hair, or when I'm not wearing glasses and occasionally she is offended by bad color choices in clothing. My advice is to give Willoughby time to accept the change in nail color. Don't expect too much, Toos can be opinionated to say the least.

Do you have pics to share of Willoughby?

OP
iamdomain123

iamdomain123

Jul 14, 2015
Toos like to micromanage when it comes to their favorite human's appearance. My U2 throws a hissy fit when I have wet hair, or when I'm not wearing glasses and occasionally she is offended by bad color choices in clothing. My advice is to give Willoughby time to accept the change in nail color. Don't expect too much, Toos can be opinionated to say the least.

Do you have pics to share of Willoughby?

Hi there! Thanks so much for your advice and curiously in Willoughby. I'm at work but I will definitely share pics later today. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts