Daddy's little girl!

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Peanut, Yellow Collar Mini Macaw -
Aaliyah, Green Wing Macaw
Figured I show off some pictures of my daddy's girl..She's doing so well.

47AD84B6-931E-4310-B3F2-18FB19446D65_zpstfifnehz.jpg

6F273500-0EEE-4320-B788-AFD484AF4F9B_zpsh7xokazs.jpg

3EEFDD9D-9D88-4ABC-9935-C8263E09C9F7_zpshb1q7kjl.jpg

3A6C2E1D-4A52-4E97-8C17-5981FB8A6721_zpsussbkpkj.jpg

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
That's excellent Stephen AND Kyleigh :).

Ps.. I had to look again at the first pic with the whistle, I said 'No... he doesn't have a big lip piercing there!' lol

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Excellent shots! Such a beautiful bird!

Who's the photographer?

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
... I had to look again at the first pic with the whistle, I said 'No... he doesn't have a big lip piercing there!' lol

Hahahahahaha! That would've been one heck of a lip piercing!

littleredhen77

Aug 30, 2015
maine
Parrots
cockatiel ((Jake))
eclectus ((ziggy))
lol i thought the same thing about the lip ring, but WOW are those pictures GORGEOUS! i love your bird and i love how you can tell just by looking at them that you guys are GREAT together! :D i have some B&G tail feathers my cousin sent me from oregon and theyre one of my favorite things on display in my living room :) such pretty birds! thank you!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Great photos, Stephen!!! :D

You have balls of steel. You're having her fly outside with no harness? :11:

OP
StephenAndKyleigh

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Lol. Maybe I will get a piercing. It may be fitting with my new bald head and beard.
We've been free flight training since about December. Taking it slow. I've also taken a course on free flight. Outside the gates it's nothing but field and I would be able to see her, and her see me, if she were to get out.

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
She's a beautiful girl!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Lol. Maybe I will get a piercing. It may be fitting with my new bald head and beard.
We've been free flight training since about December. Taking it slow. I've also taken a course on free flight. Outside the gates it's nothing but field and I would be able to see her, and her see me, if she were to get out.
A free flight course? Was it helpful? What kind of tips did they give you?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Just guessing here, but was that 'free flight course' by the (in)famous parrot wizard? :21: I know you like him. Just know that he lost one of his birds either last year or the year before. He got him back, but things CAN go wrong at any given time. :)

OP
StephenAndKyleigh

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Just guessing here, but was that 'free flight course' by the (in)famous parrot wizard? :21: I know you like him. Just know that he lost one of his birds either last year or the year before. He got him back, but things CAN go wrong at any given time. :)

HAha, nope it wasnt by him. I dont 'like' him. But I dont hate him lol. It was by a guy named Chris Biro

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
This guy, right?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD4w_5-LRpw"]Hiking With 7 Macaw Parrots - YouTube[/ame]

So what all did you learn in the course, and can others take the course? How much does it cost??? You've gotta spill the beans here, Stephen! :D

OP
StephenAndKyleigh

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Haha I love you Wendy. I learned about the science behind training animals, parrots particularly. And how it applies to free flying parrots. I learned the steps of how to free fly a parrot successfully, and other things like that. It was a 300 dollar course. Worth every penny.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oi! Steeeeeeephen! You're still not telling us much of anything. :( How did you find this guy, what's his reputation, did he himself teach the course, was it pre-recorded, were you able to ask questions, etc.?????

Are you not nervous at all when you take Kyleigh outside and let her fly? (I remember the gym dilemma not all that long ago)

Please, believe me, I'm not discouraging you at all. I'm CURIOUS, and I'm sure a lot of us are. But we'll need INFO, my friend. LOTS of it. :D

OP
StephenAndKyleigh

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Oi! Steeeeeeephen! You're still not telling us much of anything. :( How did you find this guy, what's his reputation, did he himself teach the course, was it pre-recorded, were you able to ask questions, etc.?????

Are you not nervous at all when you take Kyleigh outside and let her fly? (I remember the gym dilemma not all that long ago)

Please, believe me, I'm not discouraging you at all. I'm CURIOUS, and I'm sure a lot of us are. But we'll need INFO, my friend. LOTS of it. :D

Haha, alright here we go.

Chris has over 25 years in free flying parrots. He has traveled the world and has taught people to train and fly their parrots safely outdoors. It was a 9 session course. All of the courses were LIVE with Chris and he never put a time limit on any of the classes, which was great for me. He also gives you access to hours and pages of videos and articles written by him that he has not yet released to the world. His work is nothing less than incredible and his knowledge of the science behind training parrots is mind blowing.

The gym incident was before I began working with Chris. Kyleigh was way to young in her training to be in that environment. I am confident that she would kill it now though! We are outside every other day and do recalls short distances, about 5 feet or so.

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Wow! Love the pics and how training is coming along! Thanks for sharing:)

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I was spellbound watching that video! Amazing! Glad everything is working out with you and "daddy's little girl",Stephen!

Jim

Crazy

Dec 25, 2013
Central Florida
Parrots
Buddy ❤️ - Cinnamon Cockatiel (1 y.o)
Sol - Budgie 😋 (17 y.o)
R.I.P. Luna 2002 - 2012 (Budgie) 💖💕
What a beautiful bird!!! :blue1:

Most Reactions

Latest posts