Darwin Lawiet, Baby Half-Moon Updates

Argulor

Jan 4, 2014
Parrots
Darwin Lawliet, a baby Half Moon Conure
This topic is going to be documenting the growth of my baby Half-Moon Conure, Darwin Lawiet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1, 5/31

n37qy0.jpg

Darwin is super cute, but he's also really bald, only a small number of his feathers came in. He is a very small boy and will only be about 9.5 inches when he grows up.

As young as he is (about a month old) I expected him to want to cuddle for warmth and nap, but he did quite the opposite! Darwin stepped up when I put my finger near his feet and let me hold and pet him without a fuss. He was never skittish or fearful, he radiated a aura of confidence and control. He was also very gentle, when I went to stroke his beak he gently nibbled my finger in a cute, affectionate way. His entire behavior completely blew me away, he was just so calm and focused and he seemed to take in every detail in his surroundings.

Day 2, 6/2

25g4iah.jpg

Darwin was so fidgety today, he refused to get out of the bucket today and didn't want to be touched. I just pet him in the bucket, but when he was near his cage he perched on my fingers and let me pet him.

Day 3, 6/6

210hggp.jpg

He ran up my shoulder today for the first time, it was cute. Darwin seems to know where the pressure point is on the shoulder and neck, he dug his claws in my pressure point and succeeded in numbing my arm and upper body, smart bird... His feathers are really growing in, especially his tail. Other than that, he seems to love taking pictures, he always poses near the camera.

Day 4, 6/9

vhtd8h.jpg

Darwin's on my shoulder again, he stepped on my pressure point again though. He always stands there and seems very happy. On thing though is that he starts chewing on the couch, I think that I'll try to choose another couch next time.

Day 5-6, 6/14-6/15

beha4j.jpg

Darwin, like usual, ran up my arm to snuggle on my shoulder. He really likes my shoulder and neck. On the 14th he started biting me because he was hungry, his bites don't really hurt, they're more like a pinch. We watched The Heirs (Lee Min Ho) and Ouran High School Host Club, I think he likes Heirs better. He also seems very attentive when listening to Min Ho, so I guess we'll be watching more of his work. I'm very glad that Darwin likes some of the shows I watch.

Day 7, 6/19

2dvsp4x.jpg

Boy was Darwin fidgety! He was so unhappy and twice, he tried to fly off my arm and I had to run around trying to catch him. He also bit me a few times... Darwin's not a bad bird, he was just super hungry, I offered him food, but he refused to take any. I don't think he's very comfortable eating outside his cage. On a happier note, Darwin started stepping up on his own and seems to like my hand. I'm so happy that he's stepping up for me!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I love Half-Moons!! There was a time I almost got one :). They have such beautiful blue and orange, and yellow eye rings as adults. Gorgeous! Darwin is a real cutie!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Great photos, what a cutie! Thanks for sharing.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Darwin is adorable! He looks like such a sweetheart:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts