Day 3 - Talking & Regurgitating

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Hi Everyone,

Just for the record I will now start referring to Sinbad as only Savannah here on the forum. Although we still use Sinbad to make her more comfortable, we are telling friends and family her name is Savannah. To make my life easier, I am just going to address her as Savannah for now on.

With that out of the way, Savannah talked today! She said "Cracker" while my son and I were in the living room. It was clear as day! I knew it wasn't Quincy because he's never said that and Savannah's previous mama told me she says "Cracker". So that was pretty exciting and fun to hear! :D

Also, she seemed to be regurgitating tonight when I came up to her and talked to her when I got home. She was sick on Tuesday a little from being sedated. But this did seem like regurgitating tonight. I checked her paper and no vomit. I will keep an eye on her and make sure it was actually her regurgitating and not her being sick. I am quite surprised she is doing this. I know they usually do this for the person they bond with. I would be amazed if she has bonded with me already! But in either case, I think it could be a good sign she is used to me. She is letting me pet her beak through the bars so this is good, too. Any thoughts?

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Rehomes can be a riot on you never know what their going to say.We have had ares for years and they still suprise us LOL. I think she might like you [shes excited] :) Have you pet her yet?

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Just on her beak so far. She is exploring her cage more and was up near the door. Normally she backs away a little if I approach her but last night she stayed put and let me pet her beak and talk to her. All good signs I think! :)

Most Reactions