Definitely my macaw now :D

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
He started almost rolling over haha. I did get the tongue sticking out this time though:D
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtFuhCSqMp8"]Red 7 - YouTube[/ame]

I'm covered in bruises right now on my legs and stomach area. I got them from when I was making the skewers...I would use my leg as the brace instead of the ground or table and ended up with a nice line of pressure bruises. I think he found them all and gave them pinches lol

Earlier he was helping me clean cages in the house and invading other macaw cages. He kept wanting head scratches...slowing me down!

Last edited:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
It's so impressive how far you've come with Red. So when is he going home with you? :D

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Gruff and crunchy on the outside, with an inside that's nothing but PURE MUSH!

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS STUFF?!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
It's so impressive how far you've come with Red. So when is he going home with you? :D

Hopefully within the next 6 months:) I'm looking at cages a little right now. He has a really long tail compared to most of the macaws I've seen so I'm thinking a 48x36 for him (I think those are the dimensions if I remember correctly).

Gruff and crunchy on the outside, with an inside that's nothing but PURE MUSH!

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS STUFF?!

Everyone is jokingly saying that he is my favorite now and poor Kelly, my amazon, has been tossed to the side:p I was surprised how tolerant Kelly is of Red. I can sit with both of them in the same area without a temper tantrum from either one about the other.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Macaws have a way of walking in and taking over... not necessarily by biting either! :p

Last night I had one amazon on my arm (Sally.) One amazon running around on the back of the couch nuzzling my face. (Kiwi) One macaw on the same shoulder as my amazon (Sweepea) And one macaw on my lap. (Maggie.)

With Tusk and Lila on the playstand right next to me. (I was out of places on my body to put them, and Sally nips if I hold Lila at the same time.) Plus Lila had a food bowl... so she could hang out with Tusk and continue stuffing herself.

Yeah.

They generally learn to tolerate each other.

Most Reactions