Disgusting FOR A PET SHOP

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Ja, but it was an iguana that I took because they did not want to listen. My temper is really dangerous and I do and then think - sometimes I dont even get to the think part. I really need some of this
8bb460cf.gif
sometimes.

Luckily my hubby - Craig, is a real people person and he went to fix it, I call him Mr. Fixit. I kept the iguana by me until she got a clean bill of health and I then returned her, I had her for almost 3 months.

He does not really allow me to go to pet shops by myself anymore.
sEm_blush7-1.gif

That is why your story is a true example of how it should be done!

Last edited:
OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Ja, but it was an iguana that I took because they did not want to listen. My temper is really dangerous and I do and then think - sometimes I dont even get to the think part. I really need some of this
8bb460cf.gif
sometimes.

Luckily my hubby - Craig, is a real people person and he went to fix it, I call him Mr. Fixit. I kept the iguana by me until she got a clean bill of health and I then returned her, I had her for almost 3 months.

He does not really allow me to go to pet shops by myself anymore.
sEm_blush7-1.gif

That is why your story is a true example of how it should be done!

That Iguana was so lucky to have someone caring for him for almost 3 months. ;)

My guys hate it when I go in into a pet shop :18:

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
previously I chatted to the pet shop, complaining about the terrible state the birds cages were in and the birds not being cared for properly. I often pop in, whenever visiting the shopping centre. I spent a lot of time, showing the staff how to care for the birds, Elvis the Macaw, and the cute AG Trixie. Helped change their diet from seeds to pellets, fresh fruit and veggies daily. Explaining the importance of having a clean cage, lots of toys to stimulate the birds. etc etc.

I am so proud they have kept their word.........
(I threatened to report them) if things did not improve.

It is one week short of ten months, since I approached them, the birds are so healthy and happy, playing and talking away (they used to scream all day).
Elvis is the new owner of a big awesome cage with so many toys, I think he thinks it's Christmas, and Trixie sitting on her cute swing, swinging away, whistling.

Seeing the birds so healthy and happy, really made me glad that I made a difference in their lives.
The cages were clean, eating fresh slices of kiwi and strawberries.

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Oh Ant, good for you!

How wonderful that the shop sat up and took notice.

YOU GO GIRL!!! xxxx

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
thats awesome ant, just goes to show what you can achieve by speaking up.
well done xxx

Most Reactions

Latest posts