DNA is in - He is a She! Need Name Ideas

Cheekie

Jul 8, 2012
Ohio
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
:blue1: Our B&G, Rio or RJ is a girl. Our last bird did the same thing to us.. Howbeit us naming them was totally on us and not the birds! :p Would like ideas plz...

Attachments

• Picture 304.jpg
    Picture 304.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 301

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
Don't know why but the name Lilly jumped out at me :)

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
well let's see, both the Macs are WAY friskier than usual tonite, so all I can think of is; butthead, stubbornhead, oinker, whywontyoulisten, leaveheralone & thatsitbedtime

:p

(the preceding commentary was made in jest)

azdesertrhino

Oct 29, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
We never had MAC DNA tested!!

Mac is Mac, whatever his actual DNA designation!

Macaw, Mac Macaw!!;)

I really don't think the name makes a difference. As long as we are responsible guardians, I think our flock will be happy.

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
i like rio, too. if i get another birdie and she's a girl, i'd name her daisy, fifi, ginger, dusy, or tobiko.

i love naming pets! it's such a great feeling when people ask what my pets' names are and then receive a compliment for their names. people love meeting my dog and her name is sandy. usually people remark that her coat looks like sand and how that's a great name. i just named her sandy because you cant be mad at a dog named sandy, you have to love and cuddle her since she's so cute!

Last edited:

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
i like rio, too. if i get another birdie and she's a girl, i'd name her daisy, fifi, ginger, dusy, or tobiko.

i love naming pets! it's such a great feeling when people ask what my pets' names are and then receive a compliment for their names. people love meeting my dog and her name is sandy. usually people remark that her coat looks like sand and how that's a great name. i just named her sandy because you cant be mad at a dog named sandy, you have to love and cuddle her since she's so cute!
I love naming pets too! As soon as I considered getting a plain parrot, not just a sennie or a GCC one of the first things I considered was the name lolol. I would lay awake all night just considering names.
Ahem, anyway... How about:
Lily
Lucy
Indy
Belle
Bella (It's a great name, we need to share, right?)
Shine (I just love that name)
Sammy, Sammy Girl
Izz
Keiko
Luna
Lani (means sky in Hawaiian)
Leilani (beautiful flower in Hawaiian) I LOVE things translated into Hawaiian

RDH1

Jul 17, 2012
Parrots
Goffin Cockatoo,Hahns Mcaw,Cockateil,Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Parolette
I enjoy naming my little buddies also I usually name my extended family after their personality or what their they bring special to my life. For instance I have an American PitBull Terrier that I rescued shortly after my mother passed and my APBT's name is Angel.

Pookamama

Jul 10, 2012
Oregon, USA
Parrots
Pepper, a Timneh African Grey
I heard of a woman singer named Francesca, pronouced Fran-chess-ka. It seems spunky and pretty at the same time. And if it's too formal you could always nickname her Frankie. :lol:

OP
Cheekie

Cheekie

Jul 8, 2012
Ohio
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
Thanks for the input! :blue1:

The name selection is down to, or I should say I think the name selection is down to:

Rio - Keeping the original, just dropping the RJ acronym
Lilly
Bella

But my wife has the final say, so it could change at any moment:p:30:

I like Isis or Ourania, but she just frowns:20:

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
I like either Lily or Bella. She looks like both.

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
No need to change the name! My Molly is a boy! I had her (him) for a month before the DNA came back and decided not to change the name. Molly would never know the difference.

Most Reactions

Latest posts