Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Re: Microw chiping and inshorans

First, there is little need to place the same Thread base on multiple Forums since the majority of members will check the 'New Posts.'

Second, with little information about your parrot, I'm guessing that its a Cockatoo, it becomes difficult to determine.

Third, with no idea where you are in the huge World, there is no way to advise. Some regions of the World accept inshorams (insurance) where other areas do not.

Fourth, Mirco Chipping is highly recommended with medium to larger parrots. Once again dependent where you are in this huge World, availability can be an issue.

Last edited:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
WHAT is "pet inchorans"??? Do you mean INSURANCE???

Jim

OP
Rosedonna

Rosedonna

May 29, 2016
Yer sorry I can't spell

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Your spelling is fine. Your translator is attempting to define a specific type of insurance. Inchorans is a legal term for 'Life' Insurance.

I am guessing that you are more interested in Health Insurance, correct?

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Whether or not you decide to get pet insurance is really up to you. I've done a fair bit of research on it, and thus far it doesn't seem to me to be as advantageous to getting pet insurance for a dog or cat.

Dog and cat insurance is more well defined and established, whereas avian insurance seems far less consistent and suffers from the fact that veterinary costs are less "standardized". (Not that there are any standardized rates, but the variations in price from one vet to the next are much more pronounced.

For this reason, I put money aside each months in lieu of paying a monthly insurance payment.

Hope that helps.

OP
Rosedonna

Rosedonna

May 29, 2016
Yer it helps a lot thanks

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Re: Microw chiping and inshorans

First, there is little need to place the same Thread base on multiple Forums since the majority of members will check the 'New Posts.'

Second, with little information about your parrot, I'm guessing that its a Cockatoo, it becomes difficult to determine.

Third, with no idea where you are in the huge World, there is no way to advise. Some regions of the World accept inshorams (insurance) where other areas do not.

Fourth, Mirco Chipping is highly recommended with medium to larger parrots. Once again dependent where you are in this huge World, availability can be an issue.

Well done :)

And I also have money set aside for vets bills. You can find that Insurance companies will limit the payout or decide that it is not covered. When my friends 'too plucked they ducked out of that one and she had a £500 bill to pay ontop of what she had paid them every month.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts