Does anyone else smother their bird(s) with kiss?

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
My bird says "give kiss.....mmuuuuaaah, give kiss, muuuuaaah" over and over....so yes, i'd say he is used to being hugged and kissed a lot.
He manipulates me with this cuteness. He does something naughty and then says "give kiss....GOOD boy!" in an innocent tone. Definitely pulling a tweety bird on me, LOL

ChocoboFun

Mar 21, 2015
East Coast U.S.
Parrots
Perry: Standard green and yellow budgie.
Peep: Blue and white budgie.
Harvey: Hahn's Macaw
Hahahaha so many affectionate birds.
Harvey loves the kissy sound, and makes it all the time, especially when he thinks it will get him out of trouble (never does!), or stop us from putting him in his cage when it is bedtime.

He also understands it is a sign of affection, and when the wife and I try to smooch, he will run/fly between us and try to steal kisses from us both.

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
I LOVE kissing my birds, they all love kisses as well. My GC (female) wants kisses all of the time, but loves to slip the tongue. My Suns (Kiwi (F) and Winston (M)) love to kiss as well. It seems that my 2 girls are much more into snuggling and kissing and all the "lovey dovey" stuff. BTW, my GC makes smooching noises is she wants a kiss or is kissing me, DEFINITELY picked it up from me :)

Winston (M) loves attention, but is definitely more explorative, and would rather check out EVERYTHING around him.

I do worry about the whole bacteria thing, but my 2 girls won't relent. It's just KISS, KISS, KISS. My GC latches on once in awhile but not to the point that my eyes are watering.

I read up on the bacteria stats....and am a little confused. Yes, there is a risk, especially with tongue contact (gross, but there) but from what I have read it is not a huge risk, but I still worry... interesting topic, thanks for bringing it up!

Any opinions on the health risks vs "stop the kissing"?

-Jen:rainbow1::orange::orange:

kika95

May 22, 2015
yakima, wa
Parrots
I have a beautiful 4 year old brown throated conure named Charlie. Just bought him on April 18 2015
Yes but I have to sneak them in or else hell bite my mouth off lol

kika95

May 22, 2015
yakima, wa
Parrots
I have a beautiful 4 year old brown throated conure named Charlie. Just bought him on April 18 2015
He also understands it is a sign of affection, and when the wife and I try to smooch, he will run/fly between us and try to steal kisses from us both.

I wish charlie was that loving already lol but were working on it:)

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
But of course, except with my CAG unless I want a big fat lip! Lol! [emoji6] [emoji12]

Most Reactions

Latest posts