Dreams come true I now have a quaker parrot~

SurrealBird

May 19, 2011
Orlando,FL
Parrots
Yoshi- 1yr old quaker parrot
Hi my name is Daniella a college student in orlando,florida. I have had birds since age 1 and they have always made me genuinely happy whether it be pictures or videos of them or having my own birds to interact with. Which is how i imagine all of you feel about birds being on this forum. It has always been a dream of mine to own a parrot. I was looking into quakers because i have heard good things about their personalities and liked their size. One day when i have more experience and a house to myself I would love to adopt a macaw. Risking the chance to sound crazy i feel as if they can sense your feelings they always manage to make me feel better. :green2:

I adopted my quaker parrot May 19th and am already in love. His original name was Paco but I'm trying out the name Yoshi and he is starting to respond. He has not been DNA tested yet but i just have a strong feeling Yoshi is male which is why I regard to Yoshi as a he. Even though its only been a couple days he took the change very well we are already the best of friends. He loves to give me a little peck on the mouth. I adopted Yoshi from a woman off CL who did not even know what type of parrot he was and needed him gone that day because she was moving I drove almost 2 hours to get the little one.It almost seemed like fate since i am a college student i have limited income and she was asking $65 for him including the cage! That was exactly how much I had in cash that day. It did not seem like he was getting much attention in his past home. He is loving the constant attention he is getting I am almost always home and when i am he is free to roam my room and be out of the cage. The past owner tells me he is about 1 years old. I am saving up to buy him a bigger cage his current cage is WAY to small for him. I am excited to have this little bundle of joy with me and grow up together having a strong connection. He is not that loud at all for the most part and very smart can open the cage by himself(which i have to make sure and tie something on the door when i leave so he doesn't get into trouble). Yoshi loves the giant door sized mirror i have and will stand their for long periods of time and talk to himself.

yoshi.jpgPhoto 1037.jpg

I want to save up enough money to get him a bigger cage and more toys. I heard the bird expo is coming first week of june. Does anyone know the price range for a simple cage?

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
I bought a nice size cage for my conure today that was 100 :) the cages i've seen (retail) are anywhere between 2 and 500 depending on size and manufacturer :) congrats on your new baby! I just got mine too!

sixshades

May 19, 2011
Media
Parrots
Midori - Cinnamon GCC
Hello! I'm in Orlando, too, and I think I actually saw Yoshi when I was looking for mine. :D Congrats on him, he looks like a charmer.
What school are you going to? I'm going to Valencia. :)

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Congratulations on adopting Yoshi! Quakers do make life more fun and more exciting, as you're already discovering. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I'm quite baffled....I thought Quakers were illegal to own in FL? They're wonderful birds to have as I used to own one. I saw them out flying down in Disney when I was down there visiting my brother. What a beautiful sight!!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts