OP
Jackiebuckdaily

Jackiebuckdaily

Aug 21, 2015
Bangor, Maine
Parrots
Double Yellow Headed Amazon and Yellow Crowned Amazon
Okay, so I need advice.

Adrian is so willing to bite me on any mistake that I make. She did not used to. Maybe in her case the honeymoon period has ended or she is mad at me for some reason?

How can I stop this bad behavior from really kicking through? I moved the my arm down at my waist, which I used to do before and without warning she bites my arm, close to the same location like last time. I don't scream or yell or make any sudden movements, just take it in. I put her on the cage and to make things right, I just sat and talk to them. I grabbed some treats and allowed them to eat off my hand, like I used to do it. I held my hand open and Adrian took some food and so did Rocky. I did it the second time and she was acting as if she was going for the food, but instead went from ring finger and latched on. I, out of instinct jerked my finger back, didn't make any noises however. She lost her balanced.

But what is her deal? I don't know what I am doing that's making her so willing to bite me... I honestly can't even touch her the way that I used to without her wanting to bite me or lung at me. Even when I put Rocky back on his cage, she tried to bite me.

Could it be the new toy from Sunday (which I then took out because she hated it) or could it be my new work hours that I started on Monday? Maybe my new hours are making her mad at me?

Rocky is still my buddy and a doll. He is so chill. How do I keep Adrian off of my shoulders... I don't trust really at this point. I show that I am mad, but I don't carry a grudge... I try to show her after being silent that I am not mad anymore....

OP
Jackiebuckdaily

Jackiebuckdaily

Aug 21, 2015
Bangor, Maine
Parrots
Also, after trying to get them in the cage (with my hand wrapped with blankets), Adrian attacks the crap out of them and fights them... Rocky is calm about it. I used my other hand and she (Adrian) lifted her hand up as if she wanted to come up. I turned her down... because of the fact that one... she was attacking the blanketed hand and two she bit me. I just didn't want her to sucker bite me out of revenge.

I also need to learn how to create play stands, etc. because I want them to play more and have things to do. But they don't want to go anywhere else besides cage and my shoulder

OP
Jackiebuckdaily

Jackiebuckdaily

Aug 21, 2015
Bangor, Maine
Parrots
I am thinking that it's time to fist my hand and show I am the flock leader, instead of moving it from her bites

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I think you're getting the picture. He's biting because he thinks he's in charge. He thinks he's calling all the shots. Start by winning small little battles that you can win. "I decide when he gets treats and how many". Never give him as much as he wants , of anything. Petting ,, stop long before he's had enough and bites you to say so. Change his surrounding, move his perches, move his cage. Change he's routine. You start calling the shots. Just be sure to win; lol. Zons don't mind someone else being the leader, but they need to be strong.

Last edited:
OP
Jackiebuckdaily

Jackiebuckdaily

Aug 21, 2015
Bangor, Maine
Parrots
That's an amazing idea. She's gonna have a cow! Rocky is actually the good one in this situation.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Really good advice! Because of the length to this thread, you may want to concider starting a new one. You are now into the 'oh crap' phase of the relationship and a new thread way get more attention. Hang in there, wonderful family!

Most Reactions

Latest posts