Early vet check up....

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
I usually bring Lilo to the vet for a yearly checkup in September but sadly i had to bring her earlier. She has been sneezing like nobody's business! Poor thing and I have had to get up early in the morning to sit and comfort her while she has her sneeze attacks. :( Anyways the vet said that all the checking up she did Lilo seems to be doing good, Good weight, no discharge, she had a strong grip and just every thing looked good but she did want to do some blood work to just be safe, she does not like the sneezing. I will get the results tomorrow but it was not cheep! It was worth it however. The vet said that Lilo expresses her feelings by saying it out loud! :p I hope she gets a good bill of health! I am prying! The vet said also it may be her diet. She said that seed is not for a regular diet and should be used for treats only. Instead of seed she said to just keep giving her the pellets and give her more fruits, veggies, pasta, eggs etc. She also took a guess on age and said that she is most likely younger than 14! I was very happy about that! :rainbow1:

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
Could just be a upper respiratory infection. My little Maverick currently has one, and the vet put him on antibiotics. She didn't seem to overly concerned, as there's no discharge, and his air sacs sounded normal... so was his blood work and other tests.

So hope the same for you! (That its just something minor!) :)

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
I hope maverick gets better! And my vet did say she really doesn't think she will die. She doesn't want to say she won't just in case.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Sending prayers that you get good news tomorrow and that Lilo is going to be just fine:)

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Yes she seems very healthy but she just didn't want to take any chances of it getting worse. She is one of the best avian vets in Washington! :)

And thank you terry! I am praying too!

Most Reactions