Eclectus in a semi detached house?

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
The duct work was my main concern (and then the stress of worrying if your bird is screaming while you are away lol). I have done the apartment thing with mine out of necessity, but there is so much more to think about and I wouldn't recommend it (if they have to repair or if they require mandatory treatment for bugs, or if neighbors smoke in the halls etc etc)...Then there is the possibility of damage etc. I know that at my apartment there was a rule that you got 3 warnings (noise complaints) before an automatic eviction, so check into that as well.

OP
M

MysticJelly

Jan 28, 2019
Northern Ireland
Parrots
Previous; 2 budgies Sparkie, Pepi
Indian Ring Neck - Indie
The duct work was my main concern (and then the stress of worrying if your bird is screaming while you are away lol). I have done the apartment thing with mine out of necessity, but there is so much more to think about and I wouldn't recommend it (if they have to repair or if they require mandatory treatment for bugs, or if neighbors smoke in the halls etc etc)...Then there is the possibility of damage etc. I know that at my apartment there was a rule that you got 3 warnings (noise complaints) before an automatic eviction, so check into that as well.

The house i am in at the moment is bought and the house attached to use has all separate pipes, gas heating and both houses have a built in ventilation system in every room in the ceiling so i dont know if that makes any difference. She also doesn't smoke and is barely in the house half of the time :D

Most Reactions