Eclectus Pair Needs Home in Central PA!

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
I just got an email from a person I work with at the rescue about this ad on Craigslist for a pair of Eclectus in Harrisburg, PA. He saw it and asked me to share it, it says "make an offer", so that raised a red-flag to him, but he hadn't spoken to the owners so that's all he knows...I figured that I would share it here just in-case someone near PA was interested...

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/pet/d/eclectus/6609008389.html

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
looks weird to me. Having to shove their heads through a cut out part of the cage to get food and absolutely nothing in that cage

OP
EllenD

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Yeah, it looks like a chicken-wire type of cage, no toys, filthy dirty, etc. And they are feeding a pair of Eclectus parrots what looks to be a bagged parrot seed-mix from Walmart too, so these two need help!

My guess is that this is a shady bird-mill type of home-breeding situation, and this pair has been nothing but a source of money for the people who own them, probably kept in a basement or garage in a chicken cage with not one toy or any interaction at all with people, and they've been pumping out babies for them. Now they aren't doing so anymore, so they are selling them...they need some help...

Last edited:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Makes me sick to my stomach :mad: Poor things,having to take turns,poking their heads thru a hole in the cage to get food. Some people just P.M.T.F.O! :mad:

Jim

OP
EllenD

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Something to note that I forgot to say...I live in State College, PA (right in the direct center of PA), and there are basically NO private parrot breeders of any kind in this area. There is a woman in the Altoona area who hand-raises cockatiels, but that's really about it, and it's been that way for years. Harrisburg is about an hour and twenty-minutes away, and the closer you get to Lancaster County, the more parrot-breeders you find.

In the last few months I have seen more Eclectus up for sale on places like Craigslist and the local classifieds than I have seen in all the years before combined! I don't know where they are all coming from, but every time I look on Craigslist (we do this at the rescue to make-sure there isn't a bird/reptile that is in really bad shape that needs urgent help) there is at least one Eclectus for "re-homing", if not multiple...I don't know where they are all coming from, but it's becoming a problem....

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
.I live in State College, PA

I used to make deliveries of news print to the paper warehouse there! :p

Jim

Most Reactions