eclectusbabies.com-any experience? (Lilly)

ziza

Mar 24, 2013
Did anybody buy eclectus from her? She is too far away so my baby would have to be shipped to me... A bit scary without knowing anything about the breeder...I would appreciate any info!

TIA

JensFlock

Jul 31, 2011
South Carolina
Parrots
Eclectus,
Blue Crowned Conure,
Quaker,
Lineolated Parakeet,
Diamond Dove,
Star Finch,
Spice Finch
I can only give you my experience with her.....STAY AWAY!!!
When i was looking for my ekkie, I contacted her and everything sounded great. I sent a deposit and she texted me a pic of my little baby. It was a pic of an adult. I contacted her and I got the whole "oops, wrong pic" thing. So she sent me a pic of a baby. Ok, fine.
So, fast forward to the day of shipping. Well, somehow my little baby broke it's feather (she spoke very broken english). So I finally got out of her that it broke it's wing, but she had an adult she could send me. Well, um....NO. I paid for a baby.
She said she would check in the aviary to see if she had any more babies....what? you don't know what you have????
Finally, I said forget it and that I want my deposit back. She did that part right and sent it back.
Unless there were a lot of weird coincidences, I think she was trying to pass off an adult to me instead of a baby. It made me wonder if she even HAD any babies.

If you want the name and info, I have a friend who breeds all types of birds, and a couple different types of ekkies too. I trust him completely. He will ship and you won't have to worry. My blue crown came from him. The only reason I tried to get my ekkie from someone else is that he didn't have any babies and wouldn't until the next year...stupid me.

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
I don't have experience with that breeder, but I would definitely not ship a bird. It was the biggest mistake I have ever made,I was foolish and got scammed. I strongly recommend you meet the bird and the breeder first. Good luck!

OP
Z

ziza

Mar 24, 2013
When i was looking for my ekkie, I contacted her and everything sounded great. I sent a deposit and she texted me a pic of my little baby. It was a pic of an adult. I contacted her and I got the whole "oops, wrong pic" thing. So she sent me a pic of a baby. Ok, fine.
So, fast forward to the day of shipping. Well, somehow my little baby broke it's feather (she spoke very broken english). So I finally got out of her that it broke it's wing, but she had an adult she could send me. Well, um....NO. I paid for a baby.
She said she would check in the aviary to see if she had any more babies....what? you don't know what you have????
Finally, I said forget it and that I want my deposit back. She did that part right and sent it back.
Unless there were a lot of weird coincidences, I think she was trying to pass off an adult to me instead of a baby. It made me wonder if she even HAD any babies.

If you want the name and info, I have a friend who breeds all types of birds, and a couple different types of ekkies too. I trust him completely. He will ship and you won't have to worry. My blue crown came from him. The only reason I tried to get my ekkie from someone else is that he didn't have any babies and wouldn't until the next year...stupid me.
Thank you! Sure, i want your friend's name! Does he have babies now?

ann, i live in MA i know only one breeder here(Home Page), 2 hour drive from me...He has two babies but they don't have feathers yet, so they might as well be 2 girls...That's why i am looking into shipping...And i don't have any recommendations about this breeder either

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus

Thank you! Sure, i want your friend's name! Does he have babies now?

ann, i live in MA i know only one breeder here(Home Page), 2 hour drive from me...He has two babies but they don't have feathers yet, so they might as well be 2 girls...That's why i am looking into shipping...And i don't have any recommendations about this breeder either

WHAT??? If you have a breeder within a days drive from you much less TWO HOURS, why in the world would you want to have a bird shipped to you? I would never consider buying out of state and having to worry about shipping unless this was the ONLY alernative, which is not the case for you. Wait until the two birds at your local breedcer feather out a little. It might take 6 months, but why the rush. Hopefully this bird will be with you for the rest of your life.

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
I waited for Oliver (6 months!) and boy oh boy was it worth the wait. When we met he had one green feather and from there we spent every weekend together until he came home on January 14. Take your time and get the right companion--you'll be together a very long time....

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
Just checked google and it only takes 3-4 weeks before the babies will start feathering. How old are the babies now? It may only be a week or two before the first feathers come in and a couple days until the sexes are known. I would surely wait with babies that close to you!

OP
Z

ziza

Mar 24, 2013
Well, it sure is better to find breeder close to where you live. But first of all i could not find any reviews on that guy. Second, he does not respond to my emails anymore....
Lilly from eclectusbabies.com had one baby but he was sold while i was thinking if i like him or not....

what about Breeding Dreams Ranch?

ProbablyHarrison

Nov 13, 2012
Media
North Atlanta
Parrots
Charlie, the Aruensis Red-Sided Eclectus
the domain ran out but there used to be a whole site called "lillylies.com" that went through several stories and accounts in detail of how Lilly scammed and cheated her customers and sent sick birds and refused to return deposits and such. It was a pretty terrifying read. I'm sorry it's not still up to educate potential buyers from that woman.

OP
Z

ziza

Mar 24, 2013
the domain ran out but there used to be a whole site called "lillylies.com" that went through several stories and accounts in detail of how Lilly scammed and cheated her customers and sent sick birds and refused to return deposits and such. It was a pretty terrifying read. I'm sorry it's not still up to educate potential buyers from that woman.

oh my :(

Well, i started asking her questions and she answered with "Sorry we are sold out"...I don't know if she was telling the truth or i was just asking too many questions for her taste :) :)

But i did read some good reviews about her, though.

firetire

Feb 5, 2013
Just wanted to chime in, I've bought both my eclectuses (eclecti?) from Lilly at eclectusbabies.com , and I had a great experience. Both of my babies came in healthy, and i ran into no problems. I spoke with both Lilly and her husband on the phone multiple times, and they were both very nice and helpful people.

Most Reactions

Latest posts