Empty Nest Syndrome led to THIS....

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Beautiful frog tank Wendy!!!! My partner give me a big NO before....long ago I wanted a chameleon and a dart frog tank. I was shot down quick cause no lizards, bugs, etc is allowed in the house....lol

There...you said that magic word....CHAMELEON! :eek: :32: I think I better wait for quite a while though, hubby wasn't all that "surprised" with my froggies. :54:

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
i always wanted a turtle! they are one of the most adorable creatures.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
i always wanted a turtle! they are one of the most adorable creatures.

YES, I agree! I especially like Red Eared Sliders. :D

I am not a Petco advocate of any sorts, but they are running a special on tanks until the 28th of this month. You pay $1 per gallon of tank. :54: I REALLY fell in love with the 40 gallon, but I would have had absolutely NO room for it downstairs. And I wasn't about to put something up in my newly vacant son's bedroom. That just wouldn't have felt right.

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Hey Wendy, those frogs look interesting.....are they any good to eat ? ? ?

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hey Wendy, those frogs look interesting.....are they any good to eat ? ? ?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! They are only about 2-3" big, so that would make an expensive meal - even if I were to use them only as an appetizer. :54:

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Wendy, I have Frog Envy!

Here's my suggestions:

Frogoletto (that's what we call the big bloke who pokks away in our pond - he's an operatic sort of bloke)
Frogliacci (different kind of frog that kaaarks away in the front yard - also operatic, though)
Bruiser
Splatter
Pollock
Francis
Phineas
Farnarckle
Fester or Festus
FlambΓ©
FlagrantΓ©
Toadly Awesome

Like crimson, I also like thinking up names for animals. :D

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
OMG weco....I wasn't even thinking of frog legs until you mention that....lol. :D

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
OMG weco....I wasn't even thinking of frog legs until you mention that....lol. :D

Mikey, have you ever noticed how easily Wendy uses the 'empty nest syndrome' excuse ? ? ?

She mentioned a red eared slider earlier.....that's how that ENS phrase works around her.....just slides right off her tongue.....must be why her hubby wasn't surprised about her new froggies..........

My ex-SIL used shoes for an excuse, had us take part of hubby's office & create a 100 shoe closet for her so she could fill it up.....

Last edited:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
:18::18::18::18::18:

Couldn't agree more!!!!!! Wendy Wendy Wendy.....lol

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
Beautiful tank. Who is going to take care of them when you decide to go to California to visit your son? Pets are great when it comes to empty nest syndrome except when you want to go on extended vacation. I told my husband we should go here or there while we have college kids still home to watch the pets.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Beautiful tank. Who is going to take care of them when you decide to go to California to visit your son? Pets are great when it comes to empty nest syndrome except when you want to go on extended vacation. I told my husband we should go here or there while we have college kids still home to watch the pets.

Thanks Denise. :) Oh these guys and gals are much easier to take care of than the birds.

I will have the same young lady live here who stayed here when we went to Georgia twice. She does a phenomenal job with all my animals. :)

OR Alex will have to do it if I decided to visit Michael in Cali on my own. :54:

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
Ugh, I am too late to this thread! I love to name animals, ok for the two that may be coming. I'm going to put my names into the running: Olive, love Pickles, Milton (don't know why just can't get it out of my head!)
Great set up!

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Oh my gosh Wendy!!! they are so cute!!! and I love the names you picked!!! I love frogs they are so stinking cute!!!!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
The new pics are awesome! They are so cute! Seven! When did you sneak out and get more?? ;)

Thanks to Wendy, we will be getting some fire bellied toads in a month or two! :D Can't resist after seeing her cute little guys!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Wendy just saw the new pics, gorgeous and I also want to know how the increase happened. I know you haven't had them long enough for tadpoles to grow up. Did hubby know or are you trying to convince him that he is just seeing double and needs an eye exam?:22::confused::D Alison

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Wendy just saw the new pics, gorgeous and I also want to know how the increase happened. I know you haven't had them long enough for tadpoles to grow up. Did hubby know or are you trying to convince him that he is just seeing double and needs an eye exam?:22::confused::D Alison

BAHAHAHAHAHHA, Alison!!!! No, Alex knows that there are now seven.

Ok, here is what happened, and it's NOT a happy story either. 2 weeks ago I was doing a water change, cleaning up in there. When I was done I made sure all FBTs were accounted for. I mean, how difficult can it be to count to 5, right? Well apparently QUITE difficult because an hour later I had another look and one of my FBTs had drowned. :11: He had squeezed himself behind a rock and couldn't get out, under water. :(

I then re-arranged that area, went to the pet shop and came home with more....and they've lived happily ever after.... :54:

I won't talk about LAST weekend, when I didn't close the screen tightly and found one of them hopping around on my kitchen floor at 6AM Saturday morning.... :32:

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Poor little toad. :(. But now you have 7. Are they the seven dwarfs now! :D

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
You and your toads Wendy..... Have you kissed one recently??? :30:

Most Reactions

Latest posts