Epic Boing and Ladder failure

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
I tried to show Timneh the new ladder I got for her and zoom she was off. So then I tried to show her her first Boing, Zooom she was off again. So I guess I didn't do so well this store run. Can't wait for warmer weather she can just come and pick our her own stuff. :rolleyes:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Sorry, my friend... yeah, been there, done that!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Ah she just needs time to get used to them. Just leave them out in plain sight where she can get used to them and to know they will not attack her. Parrots and toys are an enigma for sure, Plum destroyed one the other week, it had only been in his cage three years :)

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
Took Perjo almost 7 weeks to approach a a soft chew toy (kind of a mesh bag) I put in her cage, after it was in her plain sight (just outside the cage) for 3 weeks.

She would take the long way around it inside the cage en route to her food bowls for about a week. Then she walked right by it for 3-4 weeks. Then she would sit next to it for a week. THEN she decided it was safe to touch and grab.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Oh yes, those evil new items require days if not weeks of scrutiny! All may not be lost if they remain within view for a while!

Most Reactions

Latest posts